Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    1" filter sticking out? Looks like a level to me.
    Use the biggest hammer you like, pounding a square peg into a round hole does not equal a proper fit.

Looks like the union on the gas piping is in the wrong place,or is there one in the cabinet I can`t see.

Other than that looks pretty good.
    I love overtime I just hate working for it.

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    The more I look at that plastic pad indoors the more I like it.
    They work out nice except when I get them that are warped and don't sit flat. Makes me cuss a little.

Quote Originally Posted by sirjames View Post
    Looks like the union on the gas piping is in the wrong place,or is there one in the cabinet I can`t see.

Other than that looks pretty good.
    It's in the cabinet. Put them there all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacvegas View Post
    Unfortunetly, I have 2 things I'll nitpick.

Looks like you installed a little giant condensate pump. Looks like you cut off the plug end. Unfortunetly, cutting the plug off means you also modified the pump from it's UL rating. Since it's no longer UL rated, you can't use it.
    Not saying I've never done it. I don't think it's any less safe because of it, but it is what it is :-\. They make us install a "tamper proof GFI" (because all outlets used by HVAC must be tamper proof GFI) outlet for it to be plugged into.
    I'll assume that either the electric switch is a box on the ceiling, or you've got a breaker in sight.

Secondly, your drip leg is not on a vertical drop. I do see how it's on a vertical piece of pipe, but it's not on an actual drop. It would fail here. Also, it may be a local code, but in cincinnati your not allow to have a union in a vestibule.

Nitpicky crap, but it's the kind of crap inspectors are picking on.

PERSONALLY, I think it looks freaking awsome. Extremely clean, especially the return. The return transistion looks EXTREMELY clean.
    I also like the slab it's sitting on. We use furnace bricks, but I like the slab better.
    I agree 100% with everything you said. Code compliant or not, a dirt leg in that orientation is not as effective as a dirt leg on the bottom of a vertical gas line drop, period. Cutting the cord and plug and hard-wiring the condensate pump may neaten up the job and save the effort of a GFCI receptacle, but it doesn't make it right. Just my

The instal does look fantastic aside from nitpick one and two. lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12