Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I figured you were, thats why I can't figure out why you struggle so much with such an easy subject.

Originally posted by gruvn
    Originally posted by NormChris

The questions are and always have been

1) What happens to the superheat on a cap tube fed evaporator when the heat load is increased?

2) What happens to the evaporator capacity on a cap tube system when the heat load is increased?

There is nothing complicated about these two questions.

However, I want a clearly stated set of explainations for the answers to these two questions.

1) What happens to the superheat on a cap tube fed evaporator when the heat load is increased?

Answer = Superheat will first increase, same as a TXV

2) What happens to the evaporator capacity on a cap tube system when the heat load is increased?

Answer = Eficeincy will go down at first, same as a TXV

Agree ?

Like I said, don't just restate your answers, explain the entire process. Tell me how it happens. And, I see you are starting to change your position. Keep thinking and you may come around eventually.

Been, sorry your thread got hijacked, I just happened to be on it when they took over.

Been, sorry your thread got hijacked, I just happened to be on it when they took over.
    That is why I started another one but you kept posting here.

I'm not changing my position at all, I just keep trying to put it in different words to help you understand it better. What is there to explain, it is a modulating metering device much like a TXV but not as efficeint. and nothing like an orifice or piston.

Originally posted by NormChris
    That is why I started another one but you kept posting here.
    I didn't see that one til a little while ago, and I figured I better stay out of it, you shouldn't quiz people on subjects that have you quizzed.

You still have not supported your position with any explaination whatsoever.

Pretend you are teaching a class or writing an article for someone who wants to know how it works and knows little about it but does understand what superheat, subcooling, latent heat, sensible heat and pressure differential are.

ok,

Class, Class,

This is a capillary tube , it is a refrigerant metering device, that has the ability to modulate refrigerant flow to the evaporator, in much the same way as a TXV does.

How does the student respond to that statement ?

ok,

Class, Class,

This is a capillary tube , it is a refrigerant metering device, that has the ability to modulate refrigerant flow to the evaporator, in much the same way as a TXV does.

How does the student respond to that statement ?
    I am sure this has all been very entertaining to the viewers of this site. I can see that you are not going to give a complete and serious explaination and I have to assume that you are incapable of doing so.

Good bye, I am not interested in your game of cat and mouse any longer. Watch for the clear, concise and articulate article I will write on this topic some day. That is, unless you beat me to it. For that I will not have to worry.

Hey, you are pretty clever Norm, using me to prep for a class, well go ahead I'll play along.

Hey, that was my opening staatement,then I asked how the student responded ?

How ould they respond Norm ?

I agree, there was a cat and mouse game going on here but it wasn't me playing it, you keep changing your position. Then when you are backed into a corner you claim the high road and take off, I think I've seen this act before somewhere.

Give it up Norm, your outmanned, I showed in black and white from a design engineer that actually designs and appies the cap tubes, it doesn't take an article from me or you to make it clear, the companies that mass produce these things know exactly how they work. And they have already wrote the article, I won this debate and as usual you never had a chance. I did better research and was better prepared than you. go to chapter 18 in your SAMS manual, the whole thing is there in black and white, then go to the site I posted earlier, it is the same article regurgitated by another person in the know. Where are the articles that support your position? thats all I ask, let me see them ? let us all see them, show me one respectable refrigeration engineer that will write that a cap tube is not a modulating control, just one. Can you do that? I'm serious, I want to believe you, because the truth is that I hate cap tubes, no really I can't stand them they make me sick to my stomach just thinking about them.I only wish that they were not modulating refrigerant controls, and oh how I wish someone would prove it. I was hoping in all honesty that you would have showed me that article . Don't write one and show me yours though. You are not an engineer, and you do not have enough experience in this discipline to submit an article and have it ring as true to the field , don't do it Norm, you know its a bad move. Don't throw away your career on a little cap tube.

Hey Norm,

Thanks for the writing tips. I appreciate your input in private as well as on this site.

Bob

Talking

Bob, you still have to pay full price for the book

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast