Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Robin, I made up the rule and it stands.

if the suction increases then the discharge increases thus putting more force on the liquid thus supplying more liquid to the evap but a delayed response. Right?
    Back to the news letter Do I have to offer up credentals to get it and/or become a professional member?
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Originally posted by The Penguin
    if the suction increases then the discharge increases thus putting more force on the liquid thus supplying more liquid to the evap but a delayed response. Right?
    Back to the news letter Do I have to offer up credentals to get it and/or become a professional member?
    No, the total pressure differential across the cap tube decreases. The suction pressure rises at a higher ratio than the head pressure. The total evaporator superheat increases greatly. The evaporator capacity decreases.

I could give a practical example that illustrates this action clearly but I am waiting to give those who disagree with me to give their explainations. I want them to have the opportunity.

So, there is a newsletter?

Dave, look at the tabs at the top of any HVAC window. There is a newsletter tab.

http://www.climaticcontrol.com/info/...ec_8(rev1).htm

Give this a test ride and let me know what ya think, go ahead kick the tires and slam the doors on it, I think you'll find that she's pretty solid.

Pay close attention as you examine this part.

If we have a cap tube with water flowing through it, we would find that the pressure drop is linear; in other words, for every foot of tubing, we have an equal pressure drop. The flow rate through the tube is also linear; that is, as pressure increases, the flow rate increases in direct proportions. With refrigerant flow through a cap tube, something happens that destroys this linearity. This resulting non-linearity separates the cap tube from a simple pressure-reducing device to being a refrigerant control. That something is flash gas.

[Edited by gruvn on 09-18-2005 at 07:40 AM]

I figured you (eddy) would bite and argue this same point again like you did when you first arrived here, just more proof of who you are, only you would argue a cap tube is a modulating metering device.

I'm not going to argue it, I posted something that says it is, and there is a lot of other proof that it is , and none that it is not, So I have no need to dwell on this point or start a flame war, I will keep justifiably believing that it is, and you can believe any unproven theory that you wish to, just don't expect me to believe the unknown with you, I do not like to base my opinions on heresy, rather I choose to deal with the known , the accepted, the facts, and it is these facts that I let dictate my beliefs..

For all you that have not recieved the letter. You did pay the subscrition bill right ?? I know you'll say why pay when you can read it free at the top of the page. Let me tell you this. By paying the fee you not only get the "Newsletter" sent to your inbox before anyone else can read it but you get the extras no one else sees. Behind the scenes with Norm, Bloopers and Blunders with Robo & Dice, and more fastfood tips from Bob, it's differant every issue. But that's not all. You will also recieve at no extra charge the official HVAC-Talk hat and t-shirt. The best of all is the video clips of Dave going out to his mailbox daily like Charlie Brown looking for his newsletter.

What are the payment methods and schedules ?

Baited and hooked.

I thought there was a small charge, if the newsletter had a few more pages than what I see, like what you were talking about, I would agree to pay a small fee.Whats the big deal, 20 bucks a year ? fair enough ?

gruvn, you have yet to provide a single clear agruement for your belief that the evaporator capacity on a cap tube system increases with an increase in heat load.

You of course can't because it does not.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast