Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Originally posted by NormChris
    Originally posted by outside rep
    The newsletter is fantastic

I would be happy to right something about sales or PM quoting maybe help some of the guys here that just give a one page qoute.
    You are going to "right" something or are you going to "write" something? Write would be the right word! Right?

Bahaha Salespeople..saving the world.

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    There was no way you could have passed that up, eh Norm ?
    The proper rule of Internet English grammar puts the question mark at the end of the sentence but before the smile.

Originally posted by gruvn
    Originally posted by swampfox
    I have seen them , but I have not been asked to write for one of them yet. They are probably waiting for a special edition or something So I will bide my time.
    Yeah, you can school us on modulating cap tubes
    Cap tubes modulate ?

I'll have to think about that one.
    I have thought about it and I have realized that yes, it is true that capillary tubes do modulate and meter the flow of refrigerant into the evaporator as the load demand changes. Nice observation Swampy

I have seen them , but I have not been asked to write for one of them yet. They are probably waiting for a special edition or something So I will bide my time.
    Cap tubes modulate ?

I have thought about it and I have realized that yes, it is true that capillary tubes do modulate and meter the flow of refrigerant into the evaporator as the load demand changes. Nice observation Swampy

Yes it is true. When the heat load is highest you have the least liquid. When the heat load is the lowest you have more liquid refrigerant than you need.

With an AEV that condition is even worse yet. The Automatic Expansion Valve actually throttles closed upon an increase in heat load. It starves the evaporator still more than a cap tube during high load conditions.

Cap tubes modulate ?

Yes it is true. When the heat load is highest you have the least liquid. When the heat load is the lowest you have more liquid refrigerant than you need.

No I believe that it works much the same way as a TXV rather than an AEV, when the heat load is the highest you will get the most liquid, considering a properly working system.When the load is the lowest you will get less liquid.

Cap tubes modulate ?

No I believe that it works much the same way as a TXV rather than an AEV, when the heat load is the highest you will get the most liquid, considering a properly working system.When the load is the lowest you will get less liquid.
    When the load on the evaporator increases, the greater amount of heat causes the refrigerant in the evaporator to boil away faster. The cap tube cannot open to allow more refrigerant to enter the evaporator. The greater the evaporator load, the more the evaporator is starved for refrigerant.

As the evaporator load increases, the suction pressure and temperature increase and the entire lowside superheat increases.

It does not need to open or close to modulate.All it needs do is speed up or slow down the flow, opening or closing an orifice is not the only way to accomplish this.

I have been gettin the news letter and really enjoy it.

As for the cap tube system, the capacity increases when the load increases in most aplications.
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

It does not need to open or close to modulate.All it needs do is speed up or slow down the flow, opening or closing an orifice is not the only way to accomplish this.
    Please continue. Inform us of what other factors are at work here. I know of another factor but that factor also works to "decrease" the flow under high load conditions.

But, I would like to hear how you see the flow will increase with a cap tube during an increase in evaporator load conditions.

Originally posted by Freezeking2000
    I have been gettin the news letter and really enjoy it.

As for the cap tube system, the capacity increases when the load increases in most aplications.
    Please explain yourself. Just stating your position does not make it so.

I will reply to your request in the morning, I am down with the flu right now and need to get some sleep, sorry to put you on hold but I don't have much choice at this point.

As the heat load increases the suction pressure increases and the superheat increases. The increase in suction pressure causes the pressure differential across the cap tube to decrease. This in turn causes LESS refrigerant to enter the evaporator.

The evaporator starves for liquid refrigerant.

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    There was no way you could have passed that up, eh Norm ?
    The proper rule of Internet English grammar puts the question mark at the end of the sentence but before the smile.

No it doen't !

I wanted my smiley to be part of the question...so there.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast