Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

McQuay RPS050CSY Not loading help needed

Unit operates off return air temp set at 70. At best I it will run at 75% for a very shot time then back to 50%. One thing I did was moved return air temp sensor out side to make it see 96 RAT no change. I am also needing a manual if any one has one it would help due to mine is missing pages

RAT- 74
    SAT- 64
    Set point- 70

Heres a link that has come in handy before...http://www.mcquay.com/McQuay/Literature/Literature

Thanks for the link I found info on unit but nothing that that helps with my problem.
    If I remember correctly I need a password to access the setup configuration. I had a problem like this a few years ago and I think it was a setting holding the supply air temp up. I have checked my notes but I cant find them for this unit. I placed a call to Mcquay tech support and left messages all day but no call back.

Quote Originally Posted by waltervan View Post
    Unit operates off return air temp set at 70. At best I it will run at 75% for a very shot time then back to 50%. One thing I did was moved return air temp sensor out side to make it see 96 RAT no change. I am also needing a manual if any one has one it would help due to mine is missing pages

RAT- 74
    SAT- 64
    Set point- 70
    pressure or electric unloaders

No unloader just 4 10 ton scrolls 25%=circuit 1 com 1 50%= Circuit 2 com 1 75% = circuit 1 com 2 100% = circuit 2 com 2

is your 4th compressor locked out by mechanical device?

No its the controls not calling for full load up. All controls are onboard no BAS

If it's Microtech 2, Try 4545 as the password. Sounds like it may be set up for DAC instead of SCC
    Last edited by Tech Rob; 06-11-2011 at 02:41 PM.
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

Thanks I have that one the one I am looking for is the one that lets you chanr the factory config of saftys ect.

Quote Originally Posted by waltervan View Post
    Thanks I have that one the one I am looking for is the one that lets you chanr the factory config of saftys ect.
    What you need is the McQuay service tool software. The local rep might offer it, but it's probably expensive. I got it from the class in Minneapolis. With the Monitor software for Microtech 1, McQuay did not own the software and I guess there was a falling out or something between the two companies, so now McQuay sells that software for like $7k

-Thomas Jefferson

Thanks but that's not what I wanted to hear. I hope tech support will call me back on Monday and I have overlooked something and software is not needed I HOPE

Good luck. Let us all know what you find so that others may learn from your experience.

-Thomas Jefferson

Here's what happened I FAILED to use the scroll sideways option on the control display. Had just scrolled over to discharge air limit I would have seen it was set at 59. Live and learn.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast