Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Got married after college, met her at Ferris State. Got divorced 9 months later. That was almost 30 years ago. Came close to marrying a couple times since, but just couldn't take the leap again.

Years later, I kind of wondered if I should have stuck with her, until I talked to her on the phone about 5 years ago. After a 10 minute conversation, the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. After hanging up, I thought to myself, Yep, you did the right thing getting out when you did.

James - that was the most accurate, concise description of the mind of a woman I've ever seen.

Originally posted by lenb
    James - that was the most accurate, concise description of the mind of a woman I've ever seen.
    Kinda makes you wonder about him, don't it?

Have you seen his "dogs"?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Boyd, you're putting one over the plate for me. I would have thought you have learned your lesson by now.

Have I ever had a problem teeing up ball for you guys?

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Originally posted by westemp

Married 33 yrs......3 kids.....just became a grandfather...family seems more important now...we have had our good/bad times.....too much invested now if I ever had thoughts otherwise.
    You sound like either one of the lucky ones or one who figured out how to get along. Either way, you're a better man then me.
    RoBoTeq.....No I'm not a better man then you...I get up in the morning to go to work just like you...I like to treat people the way I would like them to treat me..(doesn't always happen)....I try hard to be a good father/husband...I guess I have just been lucky....like I said, we have had our ups/downs. We are shooting for the convention next year in Bennington....you can ask her your self.

Been married once and divorced once. Married my high school sweetheart. Had three children with her and was married for ten years. Marriage was good for te most part but towards the end we started going our seperate ways, me focusing on career and her feeling alone. We had just bought our first home and had it paid for when I found out she was cheating on me with thed neighbor across the street. I am an old fashioned guy who believes once married you do what you have to to save the marriage no matter how bad it got. I sold the house at a big loss and moved us back to our old home town. Things got a little better for a while but then she just left again. Looking back at it today I was just wishing and had no chance on saving it. I went through the 7 stages they talk about, anger, depression, etc.... I actually caught the guy she was cheating with driving down the highway one day and ran him completely off the road wrecking his truck totally. Bad thing about it was directly behind him was a sheriff deputy who saw the whole thing. Luckily, being from a small town of only 400 the deputy was a good friend and went to school with me. He ruled the truck wreck an accident and gave the bastard a ticket for wreckless driving. We ended up at the coffee shop talking about it afterwards. Been divorced for several years now and have not even thought of taking the plunge again. We are good friends today and to tell you the truth she is actually my best friend. He still doesn't like me but oh well. I have learned it is better to be friends with the ex, especially with kids, then to always hold a grudge.

I no longer hold a grudge, but I am very, very cautious.

Of those of you who are divorced were your parents??

Mine were although I have never been divorced if my wonderful wife decided to leave that is it. I went through the games once from a childs perspective and if it has to be again I want to get it over with as quick as I can. I will not put up with the games. A good divorce is like good car wreck something is still wrong or expensive. I feel sorry for the kids because I can relate. Life is too short to be miserable.
    “Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own." Scott Adams

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

After posting my opinion of James's 5 rules, I left the computer on and ran to the store....Wife finds James's rules and my agreement with it and goes ballistic on me.
    Just had 4 teeth extracted on the road to denturedom , so I was goofy on Codene and nauseous from the antibiotics and she's telling me what a frickin Nazi I am and that if I have such a low opinion of women I must be a closet fag...... This is #2 1st lasted 26 years.... comin up on 4 in this one and it's pretty thin ice... will NEVER be a #3

Funny You Should Mention It

Today is the wedding anniversary to my first and unfaithful wife. 23 years if we had stayed together.

Came home drunk one night and found birth control pills in her purse, I knew we werent using them so needless to say a bell went off in my head, a red flag, yeah that was a real nice friggin thing to find.

Shes gone and I moved on.

Also the first day we separated was my first day in AA.

Our divorce became final on Sept. 18, 1988. Hows that for irony? Divorce final on what would have been our 6th anniversary.
    I pray not for an easy life but that I be a strong person.

Originally posted by hvacbear
    Of those of you who are divorced were your parents??
    Hell...I could really make my situation into a sob story. I was the three years old with a 5 year older sister and a brother eleven months older then my sister. My paternal father claimed I was not his and left when I was three. I never saw him again.

So! Everybody feeling sorry for me?

Well don't. My mom got hooked up with a rough/tough merchant Marine who I have called dad since the POS that fathered me ran off. I have been fortunate enough to have been raised by a man who has been more of a father then most paternal fathers. It is because of this man's taking on three kids with his new wife that inspired me to take on my ex's two much younger half brothers and raise them as my own.

This was not a case of "like father, like son" for me. My ex and I should never have been together, yet we accomplished some wonderful things while we were. We made it over 20 years till things just got too weird.

Been married 23 yrs... could never afford a divorce. I have three wonderful children, who if it wasn't for them, I would have split many times. Immediately after we were married, my hot, thin wife pulled the rip cord and blew up like an inflateable raft - she gained 100 lbs. It shouldn't really matter, but it was/is depressing for me. We've had many ups and downs over the years, but managed to stick it out. We do get along, but it's not like it could be...

After all these years, we have settled into some kind of rut where we just sort of co-exist, and don't give each other a hard time. I'm content with what I have, and after reading some of these posts, I consider myself fortunate. Thankfully, I have a 4 car detached shop behind my house where after a hard day of HVAC, I can go and work with my sons on all sorts of car restorations we have going on.

Originally posted by ozone drone
    After posting my opinion of James's 5 rules, I left the computer on and ran to the store....Wife finds James's rules and my agreement with it and goes ballistic on me.
    Just had 4 teeth extracted on the road to denturedom , so I was goofy on Codene and nauseous from the antibiotics and she's telling me what a frickin Nazi I am and that if I have such a low opinion of women I must be a closet fag...... This is #2 1st lasted 26 years.... comin up on 4 in this one and it's pretty thin ice... will NEVER be a #3
    It was nice to take a bullet for me. The women that I have loved and continue to love will tell you they are crazy. And it never exempted me from paying for that love sooner or later. I don't hold a grudge no matter what impression people have of me for posting that. I find a lot of things interesting that have the potential to pump you full of venom and rip your heart out.

I think it is the dynamic part of natures scheme of things. Take marriage for instance. It is a man made thing. All men and as I said some women know they get crazy. I think it is just natures way of propagating the species by having the male move from one female to the other. .

I still think one man and one woman is the way to go. If people are making that work and they do. We should be able to fix the worlds problems. Most of these problems with women are man made. They run on different fuel and most men never know that. Inventing the automatic dishwasher, clothes washer and dryer and microwave didn't help either.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast