Have you ever been divorced? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Senior Tech Guest
    Been married 18 years, lived together 5 years prior to that, weve been through good times and bad...and miraculously have not killed or maimed each other yet...

Originally posted by otto
    The first wife was a barfly. Glad we had no kids and no house or any money to argue over. Never marry your drinking buddy, even if you're sleeping with her!!!!!
    Damn dude. We have a lot in common. I did the same thing. The marriage lasted 18 months, I gave her my Camaro and told her no good ass to hit the road. Been married now for 15 years to my "hot Italian wife" somtimes hot in a not so desireable way but that's what makes relationships stronger.

never ends good

I went to Bosnia came back and my son was gone the house was sold the car was gone she even took the hangers out of the wall,and untill then i thought we had a good life never even fought with her,she just up and left.It took 3 years for me to realize I'm better off without her,oh yeah and she left me with 15 grand in taxes and bills.but life goes on just tell your friend that no matter what she will get nasty and it's not worth being nice.cut your losses and just be a good dad.
    it's all made by the lowest bidder

Hmm I think

Women let their feelings control them.
    The man is the provider.
    If she works don't shove it in his face.
    He is the man. Or the marriage will not work.
    Be littling your spouse nope!
    Nagging or *****ing, not constructive!
    Bringing up the past? Nope!
    Watching movies that have women slapping men on the face.
    Watching movies that has women fainting, what a fairy tale!
    Their Mother.

Originally posted by otto

The first wife was a barfly. Never marry your drinking buddy, even if you're sleeping with her!!!!!

Thats what my wife says about ME!!!!! Not that I'm a woman. Just the drinkin buddy part.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Smile

Dang the girls, you turn them all upside down and they look like cousins!

Senior Tech Guest
    Originally posted by oroy54
    Dang the girls, you turn them all upside down and they look like cousins!
    You obviously havn't been to some of the "places" I have...

Tell your friend to 1, get a Harley. It's good medicine. 2, Do something he couldn't do with Her. I don't know, rock climing, drag racing, going to Katmandu. There has to be something that He can find himself again because if he want's to take her back I think he has lost himself in the marrage and it was all about her. Sometimes bad breath is better than no breath at all. I think thats why some people chose to suffer rather than see what good luck they have to be rid of an unfathfull partner. Also He can learn that living alone makes one strong. They learn they are not dependent on someone else for happiness. Shrinks like to say these days "no one can make you happy" Ya but someone sure can make you sad huh.
    Tracers work both ways.

Re: I think

Originally posted by oroy54
    Women let their feelings control them.
    The man is the provider.
    If she works don't shove it in his face.
    He is the man. Or the marriage will not work.
    Be littling your spouse nope!
    Nagging or *****ing, not constructive!
    Bringing up the past? Nope!
    Watching movies that have women slapping men on the face.
    Watching movies that has women fainting, what a fairy tale!
    Their Mother.
    While these items are worthwhile mentioning, the one fact that all men must come to grips with is that women are simply, inherently evil.

It's ok to treat them well and to show respect but always remember that like a rabid dog, they will turn on you. It may be when they find someone they feel is treating them better or it may be when they feel independant enough to not need a partner in life. There are many reasons that just don't make sense but the fact is that any woman has the evil capacity to turn on any man at any time. Knowing this and always keeping an eye out for the turn can greatly increase a man's future welfare.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Re: Re: I think

Originally posted by RoBoTeq

It's ok to treat them well and to show respect but always remember that like a rabid dog, they will turn on you.
    then just like a rabid dog its time to put them down

Re: Re: Re: I think

Originally posted by dhvac
    Originally posted by RoBoTeq

It's ok to treat them well and to show respect but always remember that like a rabid dog, they will turn on you.
    then just like a rabid dog its time to put them down
    If only it were that simple. It sure would have cost me a lot less money, less jail time and a helluva lot less stress.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Hmm

What a hot topic

I got divorced form the first wife about 6 or so yrs ago. Was seperated about 2 yrs before that. Took 2 or 3 years to get divorced. She kept moving, being stupid, etc.
    I got the kid when it came down to it. Now I don't see her often at all. And actually it's going on almost 3 years since my daughter or I have seen or heard from her!
    (Good Riddance!) She was trouble and went even worse after we split.

Now I've been remarried for a few years.
    All women are trouble. But different in comparison I guess.

First one had NO hobbies. Wanted to blow money and time on partying, etc. The worst I have to deal with on the new one is her buying more purses/shoes and that stuff.

Tell your friend NOT to take her back. IF he were to he would be looking over his shoulder constantly waiting for her to do it to him again. He don't need that stress.

5 Golden Rules For Success With Women

1. Ask for it and you won't get it.
    Sex is a physical need for men and an emotional need for women. If a woman knows that you find her desirable and want to have sex with her, that in itself fulfils her emotional need. Therefore, if you want to have a chance of actually having sex with her, you need to make her think that you don't find her sexually attractive. The less sexually interested in her that you appear to be, the more sexually interested in you she becomes. Incidentally, this is why men can never get rid of women that they actually don't want to have sex with: ignore them totally and they become obsessed stalkers.

2. Never give an honest answer.
    This one sounds obvious but it amazes me how many men actually think they can impress women by being honest…wrong! You impress women by telling outrageous lies. Women only value honesty when it's ruthlessly applied to dissecting the faults of people that they don't like, such as their ex-partners or prettier women. A man who is honest will not lie to her about her own imperfections. No sane woman would risk having a relationship with such a man. Honest men make good friends, but bad relationships. Therefore, always lie. It's the quality that women most admire in men.

3. Don't look for a reason.
    This is the most important Golden Rule, NEVER attribute logical thought processes to women. Men think, women feel - it's really that simple! Trying to find a reason why a woman says or does something is as pointless as trying to find a straight line in a circle. Evolution is an economical process, and had no need to install the capacity for rational thought in women. Any action which required problem solving was the role of the man in Mother Nature's plan. Tragically, the logical mind cannot accept a contradiction, and women are full of contradictions. Therefore, any concerted attempt by a man to understand a woman is bound to end in one (or all) of the following;

A. Serious mental illness
    B. Divorce
    C. Celibacy
    D. Suicide

Sadly, women spend their entire lives looking for reasons, this is as pitiable as a blind man seeking to understand the concept of color, and as pitiable as a man trying to understand a woman. Nature's cruel joke!

4. Let her talk.
    Women love to talk. Your role is simply to introduce subjects for her to talk about. A master of this will introduce subjects according to her mood, thereby allowing her to express her current feelings. Never introduce any subject that requires thinking. This will simply confuse the woman and lead to silence and sulking after a brief and ill-fated attempt by her to add some coherent input on the tedious subject. A women who can talk to a man for hours will consider him a great conversationalist despite the fact that she has done 99% of the talking. Women talk about their problems because they are unable to solve them, this is Nature's way of accidentally finding solutions. Men identify a problem and then seek a solution. Women identify a problem and then seek someone to talk to about it. Normally, women talk to other women about their problems, and reserve the 'positive' feelings for men. It is important to understand however, that the woman is not seeking solutions from talking to a man about her problems. She is seeking reassurance that she is still sexy despite being a complete basket case mentally. Therefore, a man should only say things like "I agree" when she offers an opinion, "What do you think?" when she asks a question, and "I disagree" if she makes any self-derogatory statement. Women never accept any criticism of themselves as valid, and any introduction of a self-criticism is designed merely to test your reply. Should you foolishly agree and outrageously offer any hint of self-improvement on her part, you will be instantly dismissed in her mind as "argumentative, rude, arrogant, and a complete control freak".

5. Be a man.
    Back to basics here: it's all in the genes. Men look silly in dresses, women don't. What women find attractive in men is imprinted by evolution and the traditional role of the man as hunter/gatherer/protector, woman as nurturer/off-spring raiser. Like everywhere else in the animal kingdom, the dominant male has his pick of the females. A man must be dynamic and in control at all times, any sign of weakness and the woman's instinct is to ditch the man and find a more suitable mate. What women want is a bad boy who will treat them well, but not so well that they don't have anything to ***** about to their female friends. *****ing about the male of the species is how females bond with each other - another one of evolution's little jokes!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast