Thumbs down LG Ductless- Compressor not running

Ok, so heres the deal: I just picked up a customer who has a 110v 3/4 ton ductless. It is 2 years old, and he said it had a small leak the first year, last year it was fine. I went to do the season start up and the head unit would take commands from the remote, and the indoor head would turn on, the condenser fan would turn on, and actually start to ramp up and down like it was trying to stabilize the load, but the small relay on pcb wouldn't pull in. When the unit is put into test mode the unit opperates normally except the indoor vanes turn to the "air curtain" (closed, but bottom allows air over the doorway). So I know the components are opperating but can not get any support from LG. I believe that it is either a pcb problem at the outdoor unit, or a pressure sensor issue. The compressor does not struggle to come on, it is a fixed speed (non inverter). Dealing with LG is like dealing with the customer as far as knowledge goes. Anyone know of any other tests, or diagnostics as the control does not appear to show any flash codes. Also, when attempting to initialize "test mode" by holding indoor's power button down, it does not turn the outdoor unit on, and displays Lo on the indoor unit.

only worked on one LG mini-split and it wasn't by choice. It was to help another tech. As we are not trained on them my first step in helping dx the system was to call tech support. was on hold no more then 2 min and a walk-through was started. My phone died right in the middle of the dx walk-through and i had to recall tech support, was on hold no more then 5 min to another csr and he started the walk-through from scratch with the other tech (who was the original tech out and i had another call to go to) and they had it worked out with no problems.

NOW saying that our sales advisor will NOT sell LG due to problems he's had with them in the past and received alot of guff from LG main. technically the only mini-splits i'm trained on are the Mitsubishi's so i personally try to stay away from anything not mitsubishi.

recently had a nightmare dealing with LG tech support and one of their ductless splits. so i know what you mean about dealing with them. however, fourth time dealing with them (on same issue) i finally got a guy who was willing to actually give me the anwsers i was looking for... whatever that says for LG. however, not being trained in LG ductless splits myself, i cant think of anytime the condenser fans would need to run without the compressor... sounds like a board problem. shot relay on it? id make sure the comp WILL start before ordering a new board though. and def give tech support another try. good luck

The compressor DOES come on when in test mode. This is what gets me. The communication is sent to the condenser as the fan comes on, and the relay DOES work as it is the only means to initiate L1, but won't do it under standard opps. This is what makes me think that there may be a pressure switch issue. As I has said earlier, the previous company had added some 410, as the numbers led to an undercharged diagnosis. The issue lies as in Asia, they don't believe head pressure is an issue as they don't give a 1/4" SAE shrader port to check to make sure the condensing temp is below 130. Last year I had another issue with an LG 3 head heat pump (maybe 23 seer?) that was throwing a locked rotor compressor error, which the compressor was fine. They eventually sent me 3 new heads and one new OD unit. I don't blame the techs, as they are limited to info LG will give them. I call the language in which the data is printed in as "KorEnglish". Also, anyone in need of a ductless, of flex op AC/Heat system, go Mitsu, or go home. Between the M and P lines, or even the more complicated Citymulti, I have had nothing but GOOD luck. We have a supplier locally who has a diamond certified teacher who is INCREDIBLE! It takes all of the mystery out of variable cooling.

I had one doing that, had to change the pipe , and ambient sensors. If one is bad comps won't start except in the test mode
    The 2008 NATE TOP TECH!!!!!

is there head press access inside the unit? alot of times theyll have something, but you gotta do some digging to find it

with tech support on the phone you can ohm out the sensors if you have the actual outside temp, and they can tell you if theyre messed up.

The one I had tested good, replace them and all was well with the unit made no sense to me. No hi pressure port on the unit that I've seen
    The 2008 NATE TOP TECH!!!!!

I'm having the same problem with one that has run fine since installation in december. Test mode works fine. I sat on hold with lg for 30 minutes then hung up the phone

Talking

Replaced thermistor that senses outdoor coil temp and bam... Off she purrs.