+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pipe Temperatures

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Well if a contact version is in the works PLEASE no flashlight or laser......
    .......Would like all battery/space dedicated to the temp function.
    Thanks for the suggestions Iceman.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RussellHarju View Post
    This is for a much smaller product and what i really want to know if guys take quick measurements before doing any analysis to get an idea of what may be wrong. Sort of a quick check to get his plan of attack for diagnostics.
    Are you talking about something like this?

http://72.21.207.34/Supco-PT100-Digi.../dp/B004XS0X20

I'm not a fan of Supco but I would find it useful. Testo has a similar one but it looks too expensive and flimsy imo.

Also are you getting good feedback on your wireless system?

Post Likes
    Thanks for posting that. I haven't seen that one.
    RTD sensor with .2 ˚F surface temp accuracy
    Its worth a shot. I'll let you know how it works.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Are you talking about something like this?

I'm not a fan of Supco but I would find it useful. Testo has a similar one but it looks too expensive and flimsy imo.

Also are you getting good feedback on your wireless system?
    That's ok are far as it goes, but there's no air temps with that, so not really.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.

Two pressures, four temperatures = SUCCESS!

Boulder Heating Contractor

For Consumers:

For HVACR Professionals:

Post Likes
    Great thread. I ordered my sman 3,yesterday and can't wait for it to arrive. Thanks for all the Info!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kangaroogod View Post
    Great thread. I ordered my sman 3,yesterday and can't wait for it to arrive. Thanks for all the Info!
    Thanks! Let us know how you like it. And if you have any questions feel free to contact me.

Post Likes
    Thanks for posting that. I haven't seen that one.
    RTD sensor with .2 ˚F surface temp accuracy
    Its worth a shot. I'll let you know how it works.
    I received mine a couple days ago. Pleased with the performance. Responds as fast as my Fluke 52 and pipe probe. It is accurate, though does not show in tenths of a degree . The little piece on the battery cover broke the first time I put a battery in.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    I received mine a couple days ago. Pleased with the performance. Responds as fast as my Fluke 52 and pipe probe. It is accurate, though does not show in tenths of a degree . The little piece on the battery cover broke the first time I put a battery in.

Is the metal sensor fixed or does it slide into the case when measuring?
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Russ,

Thanks for allowing us to help to develop the tools that we need to do our job better.

Here is a product that I like but just does not last. I have been through 3 of them in less than a year and will not buy another one.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/4005I-Cooper...08845941013808
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

Post Likes
    Is the metal sensor fixed or does it slide into the case when measuring?
    It is fixed. It is larger than I expected. I am sure they gave the dimensions, I guess it just didn't register. The battery cover broke first time I put a battery in. The box talks about a cover but there was none just the device. I am very happy with its performance though. Seems as fast as my Fluke but does not display in tenth's of a degree. I got the "hi" temp version, I think it is 250 degrees. It is handy, I really am just using it on pm's. If I suspect a problem I go for the Fluke 52.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Makinhole View Post
    I would like to see wireless k type clamps to use with my NEW SMAN3 so I could take more accurate superheat readings from the outlet of the evaporator coil while I am at the condenser where my gauges are hooked up. Thanks for listening.
    In order to measure evaporator superheat you would have to measure the pressure and the temperature at the same location as there is a pressure drop in the line between the suction service valve and the evaporator outlet.

When I want to check the superheat at the outlet, AI typically pump down the system and install a braze in access fitting at the evaporator outlet. Later if the service requires service this is also a great place to install your vacuum gauge.

If you remember the old Sporlan T& P charts if you measured suction pressure at the condenser you had to add 2-3 psi to the reading then convert to saturation temp to determine the superheat. This however is only a guess. A kinked suction line, short radius fittings, not reaming the line, under sizing or excessive length would all impact performance.

Why did they used to do that? Systems were engineered. Today they are to often just "built".
    JLB,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in