Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Makinhole View Post
    I would like to see wireless k type clamps to use with my NEW SMAN3 so I could take more accurate superheat readings from the outlet of the evaporator coil while I am at the condenser where my gauges are hooked up. Thanks for listening.
    Later this month we will have a product that can take wireless wetbulb measurements. The part number is the ARH5. What you'll do is hook that up to a wireless transmitter (ET2W) and the transmitter will send the wet bulb temp outside to a receiver (part number EH4W). All of these products will be available later this month so solve this problem. keep your eye out on our website.

Quote Originally Posted by dextronfleet195 View Post
    Hey Russ. I use your clamp ATC2 on my meters and SMAN2. Wish it had 1) better temp resistance than it does. I have broke the ends off many of these when checking -20 degrees, and just melted two when I was checking a discharge line temp.They melt at 250 degrees.The compresssor won't be far behind. 2)Make different sizes. I need one for 1/4" to 5/8" lines about the size of a 5/8" imp tubing cutter. Also a 3/4" to 1 1/8" about the size also of a small tubing cutter. I ran into a situation on a case that none of my clamps would fit and I couldn't get my hands in there to wrap a probe on the 7/8" line.
    Also put some aerogel mix behind the sensor plate to stop the clamp handle from messing up the reading. (Google aerogel- it's awesome). Other tan that I have few opinions.
    Great info dex. Thanks! Do you ever just need a quick pipe temp measurement before you hook up your gauges or do any diagnostics. Maybe just to get an idea of what is the root of the problem?

Hey Russ, most of the time I do refrigeration work. I'm checking superheat, subcooling and you need pressure as well as temp. I do a lot of air temp checking and lately because of POE oil have to do a fair amount of differential temp checking because of partially plugged driers. Ice makers I basically look at the ice pattern which will tell you half the problem without any meter at all. Now the wireless probe which you can hook up to a sman is what I'm really looking for. Just let it have a 300 foot range- I've already got an Omega wireless that goes 75 foot, and that's not enough to go through walk in boxes and rooftops or store walls also.

Russell, I work in residential and light commercial. I always hook up my gauges and check superheat and subcool. I use analogs with the srh2 digital psychrometer for pipe temps. I think the srh2 is a great tool but it would be even better with 2 k type plugs and the ability to show both line temps simultaneously. This would also make it so that you could check supply and return temp simultaneously as well. You guys probably already have a dual plug temp meter but I think it should come on the srh2 as well because we always look to carry as few tools as possible if we can help it. I also second a pipe clamp that can fit into smaller spaces. I've seen your new line of clamps have the spring break through the plastic when guys squeeze at the end of the handles. Two out of 6 did this at our shop. On the wireless scale it's not a biggie but with how beefy and tough the scale is I would like to see the plastic handle come with a rubber skin for protection from drops, just like how the srh2 had a rubber outer skin/boot.

beer can cold?

Right? No?

Edna Bay, Alaska Highest concentration of black bears in the US
    Russell, here's what I would like to know. How fast can you make it read? Could you make something read almost instantly? Non contacts aren't accurate enough for linesets. How about something you just touch briefly to get an accurate reading? I would buy one.

never really did this, every call i go on i bring gauges and a thermometer. I use the copper sh66a, great meter.
    I dont install leaks, i just fix em

Sig line removed by Admin*

Lets see if this gets removed..............

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishing View Post
    If the SPK1 had a pipe clamp on it also, would be great for getting Approach,
    line temps and insertion temps in duct work and Petes Plug applications, etc.
    Just not the current clamp design, don't like that one..........GF..
    I use my SPK1 in the liquid line well of some Lennox models to figure Approach. Made to order.

I would like a small snap on thermocouple, You could make it so you spin a stainless steel spring clamp to the size pipe you want to measure and snap it on. I also like a quick connect single pressure gauge to get a quick read of the pressures. Also, a small clamp is need to hold a thermocouple to the top and side of a condensing unit. One that is designed for that application. Then you need to design a hook system to hold all the instruments you sell us that hangs on the indoor or outdoor unit that will keep all our instruments off the ground, sorta like a small base station to hold meters and gauges.

But yes, a small service pack tote system would be nice to get a quick sense of what the system is doing fast before we drag out all the tools. I also think you should manufacture a probe to take more accurate air measurements in the duct air stream. If you took the idea from the magnetic probe static tips and used something like that you would pull out a small telescopic thermocouple that would protrude into the duct system say about twelve inches (or what ever you pull out) and have a magnetic base would be so much more easier to manage.

I have so many ideas.....let me have a set of SMAN3 and I'll share them with you.........
    Always here

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.phil View Post
    Russell, here's what I would like to know. How fast can you make it read? Could you make something read almost instantly? Non contacts aren't accurate enough for linesets. How about something you just touch briefly to get an accurate reading? I would buy one.
    The 905-T2 will stabilize in about three seconds or less.
    You can measure SH and SC fairly accurately with temps alone.
    I use this one daily but can invision a better design built from this meters design.

“If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Russell if you made a quick responding pen type probe for surface temps, I would buy it. Something that can clip in my pocket that I could take quick, accurate surface temp readings would be a huge value.

As said above, you can get SH without pressures.

Edna Bay, Alaska Highest concentration of black bears in the US
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    The 905-T2 will stabilize in about three seconds or less.
    You can measure SH and SC fairly accurately with temps alone.
    I use this one daily but can invision a better design built from this meters design.

Thats what I'm talking about. Maybe something that fits in your pocket. Or incorperate it in another tool.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    Russell if you made a quick responding pen type probe for surface temps, I would buy it. Something that can clip in my pocket that I could take quick, accurate surface temp readings would be a huge value.

As said above, you can get SH without pressures.
    How would you go about that on a typical cased coil with a pen type probe?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast