Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Pipe Temperatures

This is a survey on when you take pipe temperatures.

Do you take pipe temperatures without your gauges hooked up as a quick check?

If you answered yes to this question, what type of instrument do you use and what is the reason for the quick check?

Little one warm... Big one cold and sweating if I am. Fast hit and run its workin REALLY JUST KIDDIN But it works to some extent , most of my no cooling call are just office people Remember we live in 68 to 72 degrees. Some like it 68 some 72 ... Ever deal with office women ? Especially the one under the diffuser? although nothing to do with thread ( sorry venting ) . Cooper temp probe is the one I use. And gauges also unless hit and run

You need air temps along with pipe temps.
    Russ if your looking for new product ideas I like the testo 905-T2 but some improvements would be nice,
    backlit display
    battery door with a screw
    possibility to take a measurement and hold then bump the display like a list so you can take multiple reading sorta like a old fashioned calculator.
    Since it is a hand held device you can use smaller numbers and get it closer to read.
    HTH
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

see superclamp thread

Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze126 View Post
    see superclamp thread
    This is for input for product development and I'd appreciate it if you could post your opinion here to help us develop a better product. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    You need air temps along with pipe temps.
    Russ if your looking for new product ideas I like the testo 905-T2 but some improvements would be nice,
    backlit display
    battery door with a screw
    possibility to take a measurement and hold then bump the display like a list so you can take multiple reading sorta like a old fashioned calculator.
    Since it is a hand held device you can use smaller numbers and get it closer to read.
    HTH
    This is for a much smaller product and what i really want to know if guys take quick measurements before doing any analysis to get an idea of what may be wrong. Sort of a quick check to get his plan of attack for diagnostics.

If the SPK1 had a pipe clamp on it also, would be great for getting Approach,
    line temps and insertion temps in duct work and Petes Plug applications, etc.

Just not the current clamp design, don't like that one..........GF..

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishing View Post
    If the SPK1 had a pipe clamp on it also, would be great for getting Approach,
    line temps and insertion temps in duct work and Petes Plug applications, etc.
    Just not the current clamp design, don't like that one..........GF..
    I use my SPK1 in the liquid line well of some Lennox models to figure Approach. Made to order.

Quote Originally Posted by RussellHarju View Post
    This is for a much smaller product and what i really want to know if guys take quick measurements before doing any analysis to get an idea of what may be wrong. Sort of a quick check to get his plan of attack for diagnostics.
    You can't get much smaller than the 905's Russ
    Its a pocket thermometer with three AAA so you never need to change them (another plus)

Quote Originally Posted by RussellHarju View Post
    Are you talking about something like this?

http://72.21.207.34/Supco-PT100-Digi.../dp/B004XS0X20

I'm not a fan of Supco but I would find it useful. Testo has a similar one but it looks too expensive and flimsy imo.

Also are you getting good feedback on your wireless system?
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

Thanks for posting that. I haven't seen that one.
    RTD sensor with .2 ˚F surface temp accuracy
    Its worth a shot. I'll let you know how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Thanks for posting that. I haven't seen that one.
    RTD sensor with .2 ˚F surface temp accuracy
    Its worth a shot. I'll let you know how it works.
    I received mine a couple days ago. Pleased with the performance. Responds as fast as my Fluke 52 and pipe probe. It is accurate, though does not show in tenths of a degree . The little piece on the battery cover broke the first time I put a battery in.

"War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Are you talking about something like this?

I'm not a fan of Supco but I would find it useful. Testo has a similar one but it looks too expensive and flimsy imo.

Also are you getting good feedback on your wireless system?
    That's ok are far as it goes, but there's no air temps with that, so not really.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.

Two pressures, four temperatures = SUCCESS!

Boulder Heating Contractor

For Consumers:

For HVACR Professionals:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast