Thread: Goodman

Goodman

Local supplier recommended evap coil CAPF3030C6 2.5T CASD COIL matched with DSZC180361 3T 18S 2ST HP. Don't you install a larger coil with high efficiency? thanks....dadzo

Sounds like he may have it backwards.

Matched coil would be:
    CAPF3741
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Quote Originally Posted by dadzo4 View Post
    Thanks. Anyone ever do any shopping onXYZ? The local supplier for Goodman is way off the path on the 18SEER HP. Free shipping too. The local was better on the Comfort Aire oil furnace.
    "Way off the path?" By that do you mean he is charging more? Perhaps that's because he is offering a full factory warranty. Internet sales, on the other hand, come with NO Goodman warranty.

To be precise, the warranty for Goodman HP says...
    "Neither warranty applies to, and no warranty is offered by Goodman on, any unit ordered over the Internet, by telephone or other electronic means unless the dealer selling the unit over the Internet, by telephone or other electronic means is also the installing contractor for the unit." Just so you know.
    Last edited by beenthere; 06-09-2011 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Removed site name

Quote Originally Posted by HPGui View Post
    "Way off the path?" By that do you mean he is charging more? Perhaps that's because he is offering a full factory warranty. Internet sales, on the other hand, come with NO Goodman warranty.

To be precise, the warranty for Goodman HP says...
    "Neither warranty applies to, and no warranty is offered by Goodman on, any unit ordered over the Internet, by telephone or other electronic means unless the dealer selling the unit over the Internet, by telephone or other electronic means is also the installing contractor for the unit." Just so you know.
    Not only that, people need to realize HVAC "SYSTEMS" are NOT appliances! If you can find the same model refrigerator at home depot $2 cheaper delivered, than at Lowes delivered, where all they have to do is plug it in the wall....Go for it.

Hvac "SYSTEMS" have to be sized and integrated to the house and ductwork. The "details" of the installation are extremely important! I service what I sell, so on my installs of new equipment there are cleanout ports and a myriad of other details that provide a comfortable, trouble-free, efficient system installed in your home.

7 years in business and I have never had to warranty any defects in workmanship, but have had to warranty defects from manufacturing. I am not the cheapest out there, I do not advertise, and am referral only. If you call me to install your internet purchase, I will not do it because if a manufacturing defect comes up.....bad run of reversing valves, bad run of capacitors, Pablo was sick that day and did not braze very good on the assembly line, you thought a 4 ton would cool better than a 3 ton on 1960's ductwork, the chinese saved .000002 per lb on cheap copper-Who takes care of YOU (or is EXPECTED to take care of YOU) when that happens?

The reason there are no successful Multi-national, or coast to coast HVAC installation companies is because you cannot mass-market CUSTOM WORK.
    It's not the Brand with the fewest repairs-It's all in the install!!! Attention to detail and using the best materials!

Quote Originally Posted by dadzo4 View Post
    Thanks. Anyone ever do any shopping on edited by poster? The local supplier for Goodman is way off the path on the 18SEER HP. Free shipping too. The local was better on the Comfort Aire oil furnace.
    Seriously?

Do a search internet purchase on this site.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Lusker,

I didn't know you weren't allowed to post outside link. It doesn't mention that on the Site Rules page.

It won't happen again.

Sorry,

Slash