Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Where on the internet, can I purchase a Browning belt tension gauge checker. My boss won't buy one and I can't buy from Graingers as a private cash purchase. My local supplier does not carry this item.

P.S. My boss says I don't need one, just go by feel under all situations and under all circumstances, and at all costs. I, on the other hand, believe it should be a part of every professionals tool kit.

[Edited by lugnut on 09-12-2005 at 04:33 PM]

i used them with those trane ahu that had the tension tag within on the blower housing.talk about tight couldn't get the belt off,and if tensioned one time after that it isn't critcal......so get the tension just where you can bearly pinch the belt off(without using a screw driver)and the unit will be OK.
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

Originally posted by lugnut
    Where on the internet, can I purchase a Browning belt tension gauge checker. My boss won't buy one and I can't buy from Graingers as a private cash purchase. My local supplier does not carry this item.

P.S. My boss says I don't need one, just go by feel under all situations and under all circumstances, and at all costs. I, on the other hand, believe it should be a part of every professionals tool kit.

[Edited by lugnut on 09-12-2005 at 04:33 PM]
    Go into Grainger, give them the boss's account number, and pay cash. No big deal, I do it when I forget my own account number, which is pretty frequently, even though it is one of my phone numbers.

Now, unless your boss is 100% against the Browning tension gauge, there shouldn't be any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by condenseddave View Post
    Go into Grainger, give them the boss's account number, and pay cash. No big deal, I do it when I forget my own account number, which is pretty frequently, even though it is one of my phone numbers.

Now, unless your boss is 100% against the Browning tension gauge, there shouldn't be any problems.
    I have one just dont understand how to use the tool properly.

Have one and do not use it. If you follow the directions the belts are as tight as dicks hat band. I don't want to change bearings and motors that much.

Miller Bearings should have it.

I have never used one myself.
    If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

Order if off graingers internet site. Im pretty sure they will sell to anyone over the net.

I never used one........ I always used the force......
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Oh... I also never rolled belts off and on........lol

some swampland .... anyone.....

Ok... gotta tell this one....

We hired a young boy several years ago.... real good kid....but he had a "sheltered" life..... 19 years old....was scared to drive...couldnt park in a parking space.... he also lacked mechanical aptitude...... dont know why we even hired him..... but he was a good kid.

Anyhow... they sent him out to do maintenance on a plant and he had been taught to cut belts off cause its quicker... what they hadnt taught him was that he better make sure he has the right replacement belts before cutting off the old ones......especially on an intellipac that is serving the office area of a manufacturing plant in the middle of the summer........lol

Boy cut the belts off...realized he didnt have replacements belts.....and called in crying.......scared to death about what he had done.......

Just thought Id share that.... Nothing happened to him....we got a guy down there real quick with the proper belts.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

5 years later...

Wow.

Well, here are the instructions. I use it all the time on compressor drive belts. Just when you think they're too tight, you find out that they are too loose...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here is the actual Browning manual.
    Attached Images Attached Images

What happened to the good ol pushing it down with your finger method?

Whatever floats your boat, skippy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast