yesterday i went on a no cooling call. so when i got there i went to the stat and it was calling for cooling. then i went to the furnace, the power switch was turned off, so i turned it on. the ac starts up, the lady was watching me,, and said do i got to pay u for just fliping a switch on. i told her she was lucky i didnt charge her double cause its sunday.

Why was the switch off? Was it tripped or just off? In my opinion I would have investigated a little just to cover my own butt and also to make the HO feel like they were getting their monies worth. It sucks to do it on a Sunday but it would be great customer relations.

somebody turned it off... she thinks it was one of her kids. i did inspect the furnace for winter. put the gauges on the ac. everything was good

This is were a little show-biz comes in handy and keeps everyone happy.

Been there a few times!!

When its a older couple it really makes you feel like crap to have to charge. I can say I have walked away once with a no charge, I felt good and the boss was ok with it.

I guess thats one reason i like commercial, techs dont bill and dont collect.

Originally posted by benncool
    This is were a little show-biz comes in handy and keeps everyone happy.
    But, you have to keep it honest.

Never know when big brother is watching.

When its a resi call it is really easy to tune a few things up, bang around a little, check gas pressure, get the shop vac out of truck and do a little clean up and make a happy customer. I have even had these turn into service agreements.

Originally posted by tooldoc
    When its a resi call it is really easy to tune a few things up, bang around a little, check gas pressure, get the shop vac out of truck and do a little clean up and make a happy customer. I have even had these turn into service agreements.
    ================================================== ======

And that, doc, is what separates you from every other service company in the county. Very few will do that. When you do, seldom does anyone say anything to the tech but the HO says plenty to their friends.

Now follow that to its logical conclusion.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Originally posted by bootlen
    Originally posted by tooldoc
    ================================================== ======

And that, doc, is what separates you from every other service company in the county. Very few will do that. When you do, seldom does anyone say anything to the tech but the HO says plenty to their friends.

Now follow that to its logical conclusion.
    HEY, I SAID THAT FIRST!! DIDN'T I?

I call it the "grandchildren switch". It's been a good source of income

take ho around show her where the breakers are and all the shut offs and disconnects are for both ac and heat so when you charge her tell next time she can pay herself