Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Hello All,

This is my first posting here. I found it while searching for info on best HVAC furnaces. I am considering installing a new gas furnace to replace my aging (More than 15 years) Snyder*** furnace. Its heat exchangers are badly rusted and it is noisy. I found that the quietest furnaces are Trane and Lennox. The models are XV80 and G60. Does anybody has any experience with either one to recommend it. Also how is the noise comparison between the two. Both claim to have the quietest one in the world. I just want to see from real cutomers and how happy they are with their units. Also does anybody suggest another brand like Carrier and is it better than the above two. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Mike

The best brand of gas furnace is the one that is installed correctly.

The best unit is the one that's FIRST sized to the space that it's heating. Then, installed properly by a competent installing HVAC company.

That way you know it's installed to manufactures specifications and local codes. As well as having someone that will stand behind the manufactures warranty, if a problem should arise.

You'll get as many opinions as there are brands here. As stated, the most important things are that the furnace be properly sized and properly installed.

Today's furnaces are a lot different then ones from 15 years ago. They are more efficient by using less durable materials that transfer heat better. If you have an oversized furnace now that lasted 15 years that in no way means that a new furnace that is oversized is going to last that long, if it ever operates properly at all.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

have put in quite a few of the G60 and G61 furnaces reliability on them has been great.

I think I hear an echo...

The best furnace is one that is sized properly for your home, and is installed correctly.

i agree with everyone here, and really its hard to tell what the quietest furnace is i sell carrier they claim to be quiet but i have to be honest i didnt think it was any quieter than any other top of the line furnace, and as for the other 2 you mentioned you cant have to furnaces that claim to be the quietest in the world so someone has to be lying, im not a big trane fan but i would take the trane over the lennox i really dont like lennox but i would imagine if any of them were installed properly i think you would most likly to be happy

I recently became a carrier dealer, in addition to trane.
    I dont know if it is true, but my sales rep for carrier told me that carrier has one of the quietest furnaces on first stage heat...and that is what they really shoot for.

I was in the local bryant dealers showroom, and I was amazed at how quiet that furnace was on first stage, definetly quiter than a trane. Having said that, I have yet to install a carrier, will know soon though.

take a look at tappan,westinghouse,frigidaire. whichever is available in your area. i think you'll like them. http://www.nordyne.com

Originally posted by joeoilman
    take a look at tappan,westinghouse,frigidaire. whichever is available in your area. i think you'll like them. http://www.nordyne.com
    Dude, he wants a quality unit!

The worst thing anyone could do is dictate which furnace to use over finding the BEST installer!

i personally like the carrier better than the trane. thats why im a carrier dealer not a trane dealer but i want to be real and let the guy choose what he wants obviously im going to say i like carrier better than trane and especially lennox but i dont know what is available out in that area, but personally i think the carrier infinity system is the best out there, and thats not a stretch we refuse to sell trane and that may be our loss because trane is really popular in my area but at the same time we run into alot of problems with trane not usually the heaters but the condensers, leakers!

Mike
    You don’t say what area you live in that would help. Click on the links and do a little research. This will be a major investment in your home learn all that you can. Call several contractors, Talk to your neighbors, Co Workers Etc.Get the proper heat Load/ Loss done. Click on the Bulls-Eye above and compare your findings to there’s. Good Luck

http://www.johnmills.net/work/advice.html

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=38790

http://www.proctoreng.com/articles/bigger.html

http://www.hvacopcost.com/

Hello again,

Thanks for all the replies. These were helpful. This is a very nice forum and discussion place. I forgot to mention that I am in the Dallas (DFW) area. For this reason a super efficicient furnace is not really needed because the winter is not that bad like the north. For that reason we choose the cheaper 80 % efficiency over the 92-94%. Also noise is important for me because the furnace sits close behind one wall of the living area. Anyway, both Lennox and Trane are good brand. I will look into the Carrier since one reply mentioned it is super quiet at first stage heat. The lennox has about 400 $ price advantage over the Trane. I will do more research. Thanks.

Mike

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast