Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Hmm Brand bashing

I have been fortunate to have serviced every brand mentioned in this rant.
    I have seen problems with every brand of furnace. I also believe 80% of these problems was due to a poor installation. When i give a customer a free estimate to replace their aging furnace or a/c, i let them decide between a Trane or a Goodman. Goodman wins 90% of the time. Why should narrow minded ranting asswipes chose what system a customer buys?
    Last edited by probe; 09-16-2007 at 08:08 AM.

Once the check clears ????? you ass clown. back up your work
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

This is some great saturday morning entertainment! Nice to have something funny to read since the old lady and kids woke up in a bad mood!

Quote Originally Posted by wwhvac View Post
    IN MY OPINION YOU ARE PAYING FOR A NAME WITH BIG BRANDS.
    I LIKE TO PUT IN GOODMAN. ALL PARTS ARE PROVEN QUALITY. YOU SHOULD ALSO LOOK AT REPLACING PARTS DOWN THE ROAD WITH YOU NEW UNIT WHICH FURNACES COST ALOT TO REPLACE THINGS CARRIER SEEMS TO CHARGE ALOT MORE THAN ANY OTHER FURNACES I'VE SEEN. GOODMAN SEEMS TO BE THE MOST COST EFFICENT FURNACE OUT THERE THEY USED TO BE A BAD COMPANY BUT HAVE MADE GREAT CHANGES THAY ARE THE #2 SELLING PRODUCT ON THE MARKET BEHIND CARRIER BUT CARRIER SELLS THERE PRODUCT UNDER ALL KINDS OF NAMES LIKE BRYANT, DUCANE AND LOTS MORE GIVES THEM THE ADVANTAGE. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A QUITE FURNACE GO WITH A 2 STAGE FURNACE THEY COST ALOT MORE MONEY BUT DON'T BE FULLED THEY DO NOT SAVE YOU MONEY ON YOUR GAS BILL ONLY A LITTLE ON YOUR ELECRIC BILL I DO NOT THINK IT IS WORTH THE MONEY . I DO THICK 93% GOODMAN IS A GREAT FURNACE JUST GET A GOOD INSTALLER TO DO IT CALIBRATION IS THE KEY THIS OF COURSE IS WITH ANY BRAND YOU MAY WANT.
    wow coming from a Goodman dealer lol 1st off Ducane is made by Lennox not Carrier 2nd they are the #2 seller because there "cheap" i will put up a Ducane against any furnace on the market and i will win because i will do a heat loss and use a ductulator for duct sizing according to CFM and static pressure i would also use a 95% 2 stage with a ECM motor!!! wanna try me??? lol

Beautiful, Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love!

The best furnace.

No one in the market yells "Rotten Fish", that said if you stick with a brand you will eliminated 90% of the hacks.

The way to eliminate the other 10% is to ask the contractors how they came up with the unit they are proposing. If they reply, because it is the size you have now move on to the next guy.

I would also write some specifications that must be followed, if you do not you will get the least possible installation. The basic specifications should include an easily (from the outside of the heater cabinet) means to change the filter, and these new items, gas shut off valve, a disconnect switch, and flue pipe from the heater to the chimney. A permit only if the township will send out a knowledgeable inspector, if they are sending out a dufus, then the permit fee is a tax, and worthless.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456