Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I've got a Novar IMP1010 pneumatic transdure that needs replacing. I believe it takes a pulsed contact and converts it to PSI. Any parts suggestions? I've found this but am not sure of the time settings.

http://www.kele.com/cgi-bin/navigate.cgi?cat=Models%20UCP-522,%20%20UCP-622&js=setuser

[Edited by incontrol on 09-11-2005 at 04:39 PM]

I am assuming that you are looking at the UCP622 control. As is stated, the time base is DIP switch selectable. You should be able to match this to your existing controller. The Novar panels that I have seen around here actually use the Kele controller. They are/were manufactured by Day Automation. Check your existing controller. If it is the Day controller then let me know. I often work with one of their service techs and can get you any info that you need.

I have no idea what the pulse from the novar is to set it up.

If the boards being used are the old Kele cards look in the upperleft corner. There will be a set of 2 rows of pins. There should be a little plastic jumper across one pair of pins. On the board alongside the pins it should tell you what the pulse rate is. Hope this helps

Hey bud, hopefully I can steer you in the right direction. Kele is great don't get me wrong but in this situation I would go else where. Try one of the following, i suggest the first one:

1 veris - http://www.veris.com

2 ACT - http://www.act-solutions.com

GOOD LUCK
    I Bleed Johnson Blue

We have a Gaggle of the IMP-1010 along with other Novar components.

Drop me an email

John

this post is 2 years old wake up novar fails a lot

Pretty sure you will need to reprogram the system for PWM output to use another transducer. The IMP is using what Novar calls "closed loop multiplexed PWM".

Your signals currently should be

Steady off = both valves closed
    Pulsed = A valve only, increasing output pressure
    Steady on = B valve only, exhausting branch pressure

This screw ball signal is something I have never seen on another transducer. If you have ESS, switch over the output type to analog out - PWM and use a UCP from Kele or whatever.

Novar PWM has a time base of .59-2.59 secs

Or save yourself the headache and get another IMP, which may be possible this time. Not too likely down the road.

Right on Orion. You saved me some typing. I found that information out the hard way on a retrofit where I planned on reusing 110 of those pneumatic transducers, and ultimately had to replace them.

I thought Mamac Systems may have made that for Novar.

Rolo is a Novar expert now!!!!!!!!!

How did 2 year old post resurface?

he's what I got;

Novar time pulse
    4ma = .59 sec
    20ma = 2.93 sec

what we did....

I have IMP1010's thruout my facility, and they have begun to fail. I am told that this part is no longer available.

Our NOVAR rep came out and installed a "KELE" electric/pneumatic transducer, model # UCP-322.

the only downside is that this controller requires 2 outputs from the IOM, where as the IMP1010 only needed 1.

seems to be doing the job!

Well the UPC-522 is what we typically would use. It only needs a single output to get the job done.

http://www.kele.com/olcat/OT8/ucp-522_ucp-622.pdf

Page 3 PWM wiring.

Quote Originally Posted by orion242 View Post
    Well the UPC-522 is what we typically would use. It only needs a single output to get the job done.

http://www.kele.com/olcat/OT8/ucp-522_ucp-622.pdf

Page 3 PWM wiring.
    thanks, good info there!

I will pass that along, however, most all of my IOM's have unused outputs. Wonder what the price difference is between the 2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast