Dogs going blind :(
    My little Buddy is only 8 years old, but he is losing his sight fast.

4 months ago I noticed one eye fogging up, took him to the vet. Did blood tests and said he was simply going blind. The other eye isnt far behind. Otherwise healthy.

The vet didnt say anything about medications or anything, but knowing that there are things out there for you and I, I was wondering if dogs have anything too.

See his lens, how cloudy it is now... Actually worse this is an old picture. Really he has always had cloudy lens, they just finally got too bad...

I guess there is a surgery out there for him that is about $2500. I will definetly spend the money on my buddy as soon as I can. He might have to be blind for a few months though hah!

You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel...

http://rapalaguy.spaces.live.com/

Poor guy, I had a retriever mix, lived until he was 16yrs, had to put him to sleep, lost his sight, hearing, hind legs went out. Worst thing I had to do.
    Good thing you found a cure, I woulda spent the money myself If there was a way to keep him alive & healthy for another 16 yrs. Best dog I've owned!

Dogs only real fault is that their lives are much to short...
    "Value our Differences"

The dog has cataracs , the same as humans get. True the surgery may be pricey but if this were happining to you , would you wait? go to the bank or other lending institution and get a loan

A friend of mine has an older scruffy dog that has been her best friend for years . her"buddy" has the same thing and she put it off . that poor guy cant see at all now, it's sad

I encourage you to get it done now while they still can

BTW: last x-mas my dog ate a golf ball ....a $700.00 golf ball by the time the vet got it out , but he is so worth it

During the last 4 months I have put every DIME into buying my property and putting up a shop. I have 2 major Bills left to pay, Well and Septic, I dont expect to have much if any left after those are paid, hell those bills are going on a credit card, then transfering to a 1 year interest free card. Just have maxed myself out to this point. Sold a truck and a new 4 wheeler to get down payment $ to get the loan for this place.

My truck lease is up in Feb. so looks like Ill be going back to a 1980 Ford verses the 2004 I have been driving, but I have to.

Bear will definetly get his surgery, but he is gonna have to go Ray Charles for a few months hah...

Didnt read the entire post, so if you do wait too long it is uncorrectable?

YEP...to late for Buddy now