Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 43
  1. #27
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    2,667
    Democrats are urging Weiner to resign because they want the press to get back to covering their campaign rhetoric.

    If it wasn't for their desire to band together to protect their own jobs and to keep Obama in power (and if it wasn't for Weiner's name), they wouldn't be so quick to shun him.
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

    Change your vacuum pump oil now.

    Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

  2. #28
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    2,667
    Time, Newsweek Offered Cover Stories, 15 Pages to Mark Foley in 2006; But About 160 Tiny Words on Weinergate

    By Tim Graham | June 08, 2011 | 12:13

    Brent Bozell reminded readers of his column that the networks piled on 152 stories about Rep. Mark Foley in the story's first 12 days in the fall of 2006, but they weren’t the only ones with a vast left-wing disparity. Time and Newsweek each devoted cover stories and multiple pages to the Foley scandal. Time put an elephant’s rear end on the cover with the words “What a Mess...Why a tawdry Washington sex scandal may spell the end of the Republican revolution”. Newsweek had a huge picture of Foley (with a small President Bush in front of his face) with the huge headline “Off Message” and the subhead “Foley’s Secret Life: How a Predator’s E-mail Sex Scandal Could Cost Bush Congress.”

    Obviously, there were no Anthony Weiner cover stories this week (dated June 13): Time had Dr. Oz, and Newsweek mocked Mitt Romney’s Mormonism as they promoted the vulgar South Park musical "The Book of Mormon." How many Weinergate pages inside? Do you have to guess? There's not a "page" at all.

    Time magazine was funnier: try reading the whole issue for any mention of Weiner. There’s no news story, no funny quote from Weiner about “certitude” in the “Verbatim” feature. Then on page 83, in tiny six-point type in the “Pop Chart” feature, there are these tiny words: “A college student received a lewd picture from his allegedly hacked Twitter account.”

    Thirteen words and an tiny, upside-down picture.

    Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-gra...#ixzz1OtQKhOq5
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

    Change your vacuum pump oil now.

    Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

  3. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    17,890
    That's because Republicans are always bragging about Family Values. When one of them does something perverted, it garners lots of attention. You can compare it with how The Ohio State Buckeys are getting lots of negative press right now because of what's happening wit h what was a sqeaky clean image.

  4. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    Democrats are urging Weiner to resign because they want the press to get back to covering their campaign rhetoric.

    If it wasn't for their desire to band together to protect their own jobs and to keep Obama in power (and if it wasn't for Weiner's name), they wouldn't be so quick to shun him.
    It's Summer. Summer time is always good for a Weiner roast. (Somebody had to say it, it is just too needing to be said.)
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  5. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    That's because Republicans are always bragging about Family Values. When one of them does something perverted, it garners lots of attention. You can compare it with how The Ohio State Buckeys are getting lots of negative press right now because of what's happening wit h what was a sqeaky clean image.
    So, what you are saying is that we expect Republicans to be better then Democrats and that we always just figure that Democrats will be scuzbags? I don't think that is very fair to at least a few Democrats.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  6. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,947
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    So, what you are saying is that we expect Republicans to be better then Democrats and that we always just figure that Democrats will be scuzbags? I don't think that is very fair to at least a few Democrats.
    I think you may have hit on something there robo. Why do so many folks like to be identified as Democrats. Just like in ace's case it is because he then can become a scumbag and be lower than whale **** with impunity because he is a Democrat. It is to be expected and ace in a lot of cases hasn't let us down. Say it isn't so ace. Thank you, thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  7. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    17,890
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    I think you may have hit on something there robo. Why do so many folks like to be identified as Democrats. Just like in ace's case it is because he then can become a scumbag and be lower than whale **** with impunity because he is a Democrat. It is to be expected and ace in a lot of cases hasn't let us down. Say it isn't so ace. Thank you, thank you very much.
    I prefer bottom feeder, it has a certain cache about it.

  8. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    Democrats are urging Weiner to resign because they want the press to get back to covering their campaign rhetoric.

    If it wasn't for their desire to band together to protect their own jobs and to keep Obama in power (and if it wasn't for Weiner's name), they wouldn't be so quick to shun him.
    And thats why i hope they keep him in there as long a possible.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

  9. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    I prefer bottom feeder, it has a certain cache about it.
    I think that Glenn is inferring that you are the crap that bottom feeders subside on. That's pretty darned low
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  10. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,493
    Just reading Drudge headlines, Pelosi just flipped. Earlier said weenie-boy can stay, now he has to go.

    Hmm.. Weiner roast? I dunno. Weiner-gate? Sadly, this is becoming politics as usual. I thought they had an "ethics committee" or something?
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

  11. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    17,890
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I think that Glenn is inferring that you are the crap that bottom feeders subside on. That's pretty darned low
    How low can one go? That is the question. I like to think of new depths.

  12. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    8,248
    Contacting a 17 year old girl over the net.

    He should be trying to find a way out of jail insteading of going into treatment.

    But of course americans seem to view these used car salesmen as above the laws we are held to.

    People should be suggesting suicide to weiner. If I were one of his fellow politician friends Id go out and buy him a bottle of heavy duty painkillers and a 45 automatic and some bullets.

    Its the only cure for his deviant behavior.

    We had a local state rep who was going around exposing himself to children at motels in nashville.......police there knew about it and covered it up for years.....

    Only when this rep got reported while he was in florida on vacation did the authorities not take kindly to him showing his weiner off to kids.....

    He killed himself after a sunday dinner with his family....

    Went to the restroom and blew his brains out all over the bathroom walls....

    Treatment........ there is no treatment for deviant behavior or violent behavior for that reason. Its just a lie concocted by the medical profession to make money.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  13. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    17,890
    Doctors have to eat also.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event