Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    When it comes to petty crimes and ethics violations, what is the difference between Democrats and Republicans?

Democrats are expected to commit them, so when they are caught and exposed, they try to lie their way out of it, often with lame, childish excuses, and hang on to their jobs for dear life.

Republicans are expected not to commit them, so when they are caught and exposed, they say "I did a bad thing" and then they resign.

Of course, there are some exceptions to this rule. Duh.

We have lost some good Republicans and been stuck with some bad Democrats because of this double standard.
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Edna Bay, Alaska Highest concentration of black bears in the US
    what seems to be left out of the equation is, while these guy's are doing this stuff they are open to blackmail. Thats why they should be forced to resign. How much worse can it get than that?

If someone is open to blackmail, that means the crime has not been exposed. How do you force someone to resign for a crime nobody knows about?

And once the crime has been exposed, should he then be forced to resign because he was open to blackmail?
    Vacuum Technology:

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    If someone is open to blackmail, that means the crime has not been exposed. How do you force someone to resign for a crime nobody knows about?

And once the crime has been exposed, should he then be forced to resign because he was open to blackmail?
    That's what I think. If you've left yourself open once, you are liable to do it again. These guy's are so arrogant once they are in office, they think they can get away with anything.IMO. A case in point is John Edwards, who is under indictment for alleged payoffs with campaign money. Now I don't believe his lady friend was black mailing him, but if someone else had gotten ahold of that info?
    Last edited by Dr.phil; 06-07-2011 at 12:51 PM. Reason: added content

He should be forced to resign for being such a sniveling, whiney idiot who can't face up to his actions.

In contrast, Herman Cain shows how a real leader handles having done wrong;
    Regarding criticism that he has stumbled over foreign policy issues, Cain openly concedes: “That’s a legitimate criticism of me.” But his common-sense experience and problem-solving skills, he says, can overcome any lack of foreign-policy expertise.
    Read more on Newsmax.com: Cain: Obama Couldn't Run a Pizza Joint

That's right! Admit your mistake and convince us you will do better in the future.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.phil View Post
    That's what I think. If you've left yourself open once, you are liable to do it again. These guy's are so arrogant once they are in office, they think they can get away with anything.IMO. A case in point is John Edwards, who is under indictment for alleged payoffs with campaign money. Now I don't believe his lady friend was black mailing him, but if someone else had gotten ahold of that info?
    So you think making yourself open for blackmail is the worst aspect of committing crime, not the crime itself?

That's like blaming (and jailing) a rape victim for her rape, and then overlooking a hit-and-run she recently committed.
    Vacuum Technology:

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

So you think making yourself open for blackmail is the worst aspect of committing crime, not the crime itself?

That's like blaming (and jailing) a rape victim for her rape, and then overlooking a hit-and-run she recently committed.
    No, what I'm saying is, imagine a sitting congressman or senator being blackmailed. The damage to this country could be terrible. The crime committed stands on it's own and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. It seems however, the politicians are able to get away with things you or I could never get away with. Speaking with experience a mistake on my taxes took me several years to repay. There are several politicians that were allowed to just say, Oh my bad. And that was it.

I see. You're talking about coverups.

The smart thing for Mr. Weiner to have done was to say, "Yeah, I did it," and move on.

But all of this lame flip-flopping, fumbling, and lying has shown that he is an arrogant, deceitful moron, and has no business in Congress. Not only that, but if someone had blackmailed him, he could conceivably have divulged state secrets, all for the sake of protecting his reputation.

And of course, given the opportunity, he'll just do it again.

You are right.
    Last edited by Space Racer; 06-07-2011 at 02:24 PM.
    Vacuum Technology:

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Right on Space Racer.

All I know is, if Bill Clinton don't have a twitter account, he's getting one.
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by whec720 View Post
    All I know is, if Bill Clinton don't have a twitter account, he's getting one.
    I heard Hil just took away his camera phone...

When it comes to petty crimes and ethics violations, what is the difference between Democrats and Republicans?

Democrats are expected to commit them, so when they are caught and exposed, they try to lie their way out of it, often with lame, childish excuses, and hang on to their jobs for dear life.

Republicans are expected not to commit them, so when they are caught and exposed, they say "I did a bad thing" and then they resign.

Of course, there are some exceptions to this rule. Duh.

We have lost some good Republicans and been stuck with some bad Democrats because of this double standard.
    The way I heard it is that George Washington wouldn't tell a lie. Richard Nixon couldn't tell the truth and Bill Clinton couldn't tell the difference.
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

Richard Nixon had his azz handed to him by Graham of the Washington Post.

And go ahead and look up who her father was.

Don't mess with the banks.
    FEN

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast