Entry Level HVAC Jobs Phoenix.

Can any one tell me what companies are willing to hire entry level techs. I just Graduated from RSI with my 608 Universal, 609, and 410 Safety. Can any one give me any job search tips every ad I see say 2-5 years exp, I understand the advantage of experience but i'm willing to start at the bottom and prove my self. I also have a mechanical background. My back ground is in Commercial driving, Construction and Truck service and Repair. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by drhouse822 View Post
    Can any one tell me what companies are willing to hire entry level techs. I just Graduated from RSI with my 608 Universal, 609, and 410 Safety. Can any one give me any job search tips every ad I see say 2-5 years exp, I understand the advantage of experience but I'm willing to start at the bottom and prove my self. I also have a mechanical background. My back ground is in Commercial driving, Construction and Truck service and Repair. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    I would respond to those adds that say 2-5 anyway.

once you are there you can lay it all on the table...It sounds as you already have a mechanical aptitude,as well as trade school w/ the necessary licences already in your possession.

After reading your post I would have brought you on...you sold me..now go sell yourself.

Go to interview ready to start working that day,and let them know that.

Good luck!!! let us know how you make out.

Smile

Just out of school myself, and it is a little difficult. All we can do is not give up and try to sell our selves.

I agree I spoke with a few folks in the industry one person in particular that I trust and have done some jobs with is a guy that subbed in my HVAC course normally he runs his own 2-3 man operation he worked for a residential company for a few years and decided to go on his own and got his contractors.He seemed like a very honest guy and he told us the good and bad things about this industry(every industry has its goods and bads) .He told me that I should apply for jobs that list 2-3 years experience based on my schooling and previous mechanical equipment maintenance back ground from the military.

I went to one company and the maintenance supervisor really liked me but he just had no slots available he ran the service side of the company and I mentioned to him that I was not sure what my schooling and military experience would allow me to consider and he advised me that any job listing less than 4 years experience I should shoot for unless it expressly said only previous HVAC experience would be considered.In my area things seem tight hire wise based on my personal experience and other guys that started looking around the same time.

I think for the OP they may consider your construction experience depending on what it is and the truck service and repair as well depending on the level of mechanical and electrical aptitude those jobs required and for how long you worked in them.I assume you used the 609 in the truck repair job so that helps.

Also in some job descriptions they will list in the requirements things they will consider as experience.I think if you honestly only have your HVAC school experience but no other similar mechanical experience you may have a harder time shooting for jobs that list a certain amount of experience. It never hurts to call the place offering the job if they have a number or e-mail listed to find out what they will consider.

You do need to sell yourself in a job interview but don't boost yourself to be something you are not because if you do land the job and you out sold yourself they will know very quickly and a good interviewer will spot it in real time.You need to also sell your desire to work and be a good employee it does not matter if some guy is the best trouble shooter ever to have lived if he does not show up to work on time or goofs off while on the job his is basically worthless.

In most cases they are looking for the best overall person for the job not necessarily the most skilled.Though if they say 5 years or more(previous HVAC) then I doubt they will consider anyone with less than 3 years direct on the job HVAC experience under their belt.

I have found lots of jobs online that list exceptions to a given experience listing always make sure that you read the full job description and not just the blurb that links you.

Good luck and Gods speed to those looking for work something will work out if you are honest to yourself and others and really try and look and it just takes time.

to drhouse822 and others ready to work....

Quote Originally Posted by sjyagonzales View Post
    Just out of school myself, and it is a little difficult. All we can do is not give up and try to sell our selves.
    Put your city and state into your user CP. Someone may talk to you.

Read the thread http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=827392
    to find out what employers are thinking and what we are looking for..
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
    Mark Twain
    More at: http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/education/

What do those numbers mean, 608, etc. ?
    If you can't fix it with JB Weld, Duct Tape, and Ty Wire it has to be replaced.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    If you want to take off friday to go fishing then make sure you train your helper right.