Question geothermal equipment choice

hello all
    i'm new to this forum. we are ready to get new hvac system installed and we will be going from 0 to 100 - we are looking for the "best" our choices are Water Furnace Envision -038 or Climate Master Tranquility 27 both systems would be 3Ton systems with closed gnd loop (oversize loop length to capacity for 3.5 tons - just to be safe on soil condition). we are trying to compare them apples to apples (price wise they are similar) but since we are new to this kind of setup we are not sure what are the strengths and/or weaknesses of either system. any help or insights would be helpfull . btw we will be using de-superheather, air cleaner, humidifier and heat recovery system, house will have 3 zones
    any suggestions on accessories makes and models - we dedicated 10x 9 utility room with 100A sub-panel and drainage to house the system
    thanks in advance

in my opinion, the equipment is equal. both probably use the same model of copeland brand compressor.
    you will see it 1000 times on this website - go with the company that is best. the product is equal. ask for references, make some calls.
    do the accessories that you list.

right way to go

I have a waterfurnace 38 and I have been very happy with it. I also used a honeywell truesteam humidifier. To get the best use of your desuperheater use a holding tank and an instant hot water heater. You will be very happy I just wish they had that 30% rebate 3 years ago.

Have you already made your home as efficient as possible?
    If your looking to save money, Insulation and air sealing is generally cheaper and more cost effective.
    Then go with the geo. Maybe you won't need a 3 ton system with a "3.5 ton oversized loop just in case". Have a contractor do a heat load calc on your house and do ground samples before starting work. I would not want any questions about capacity. Extra wells or ground fields can be expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by tlj000 View Post
    Have you already made your home as efficient as possible?
    If your looking to save money, Insulation and air sealing is generally cheaper and more cost effective.
    Then go with the geo. Maybe you won't need a 3 ton system with a "3.5 ton oversized loop just in case". Have a contractor do a heat load calc on your house and do ground samples before starting work. I would not want any questions about capacity. Extra wells or ground fields can be expensive.
    WRT your home's efficiency. You might also look at adding in foam at the same time. That will make your hvac very happy (ie less run time and will require fewer tons).

I have installed both systems before and would recommend either of the two, however considering its zone waterfurnace has a great zone panel designed for their units.

FYI, Waterfurnace is also being purchased by American Standard. Could be a plus if you have dealers in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonj View Post
    WRT your home's efficiency. You might also look at adding in foam at the same time. That will make your hvac very happy (ie less run time and will require fewer tons).
    excellent point we looked in to many conservation aspects and took care of most we could - main portion of our house is 2X4 construction - so insulation there is limited (r14) i did spray foam all joints as much as i could , and we just redid the siding 2 years ago so adding extra foam on the outside is cost prohibitive @ this point.
    ceiling has R45 and basement (finished) has r14 all windows and doors are as good as i could afford (pela fiberglass with argon in basement ) and pela designer with all coatings and argon 3-ple pane on 1st floor with blinds build in - blinds help alot during summer doors are same style as windows..
    we do have wood stove (just in case power is out during cold North East Pa winter days) and we will install outside air intake. i'm not sure if there is anything else i could do (maybe install ir reflective shield in the attic , but i don't know if that works - does anyone have any experience with those?)
    thanks

waterfurnace purchased by american standard

Hi D-allen where did you find out about waterfurnace being bought by american standard?

Quote Originally Posted by D-Allen View Post
    FYI, Waterfurnace is also being purchased by American Standard. Could be a plus if you have dealers in the area.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdhand View Post
    Hi D-allen where did you find out about waterfurnace being bought by american standard?
    I think what he means to say is that American Standard and Trane are buying WaterFurnace units and rebranding them not that AS or Trane has actually bought the company. I am both a Waterfurnace and Trane dealer so send me a PM if you have any questions about this rebranding.