Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    before pics and after this time the befores kinda suck because i used a camera phone to take the picture plus im a bout the worst photographer in the world

the new stuff

[Edited by dynalowrider79 on 09-09-2005 at 09:13 PM]

Major improvement from the original. Where was the return on the old system? I don't even see an opening on the side.

Where is the union on the new system?

THE guy had the return on on the backside i should have taken pictures of that hackery and the union in de with trac pipe you dont need a union as long as there is a gas valve before the track pipe and at the appliance they say the union is the track pipe but you need both valves or it will fail inspection only need a union when it is hard piped
    had i used gastite i would have used a union because you no supposed to reuse it but track pipe can be reused, but i never use gastite dont like it not as strong i do like the gastite fittings better i see alot of guys cross thread track pipe fittings but it you just take your time its not a problem

[Edited by dynalowrider79 on 09-09-2005 at 10:11 PM]

looks very good. nice work.. why did you put a trap on the condensation line when it is not required ? the drain is on the positive side of the blower..

So you didn't install a union at the furnace cause there is another shut off at the manifold?

Why not install a union at the furnace so you don't have to purge the line all over after a cleaning or gas component repair?

A drain clean out would be nice for future maintenance.

Also, why are there so many elbows on the furnace condensate line?

as for the union you can just unscrew the trac pipe that is the union,i agree with you on the trap but its code in ncc makes no sense to me since its not sucking like a fan coil but who am i to challenge the al mighty inspector. plus if i did the inspectors start to be a pain around here so i just do what they want to make them happy even if it doesnt make sense sometimes. and the other drain line i have no idea what my other guy was thinking kind of and eyesore but its small and not that noticeable to the regular person the drain is also crooked but there was a reason behind that so it could be straped to the wall so it didnt fail inspection but im not saying i would have done it the same way i would have went a different route myself but i didnt do that part and really as long as it drains i guess i cant complain to much but it does kind of bug me same with the cleanout

Originally posted by dynalowrider79
    as for the union you can just unscrew the trac pipe that is the union
    Not with out shutting the gas off somewhere else first!

Then you have to purge that line all over again.

For service & maintenance, the union would come in handy.

that is true about the union but if somthing ever breaks on this think purging 8 ft of gaspipe is the least of my worries, it would be on thing if i had to shut off the meter but the first valve is right over top the water heater and it only takes about 2 seconds to purge a gas line

Nice looking install. Why did you leave that yellow 1/2 inch pvc on the drainline? Would look nicer with all new 3/4, but still a nice looking job.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

thanks for the comp, its not old its yellow because its cpvc

nice work

I agree, a union would have been nice. I thought the fittings for CSST were one time use. If a service technician hasn't attended the CSST manufacturer training and certification course, what type of liability is there if the fittings are removed to facilitae maintenance and then reused?

you can reuse the track pipe it can be reconnected and as for other techs with other companys thats not my problem all my guys are certified for track pipe and gastight. track pipe is a flare fitting thats really all there is to it as long as you dont cross thread it when you screw it back on you will never have a problem with it, really people shouldnt touch stuff they are not certified for thats just my opinion on that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast