Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

McDonalds Sausage Gravy

I'm looking for the clone of McDonald's sausage gravy. I don't want to offend anyone but DO NOT POST YOUR favorite if you've not tried McDonalds and your's doesn't taste like MC DONALDS. I've made different recipes almost weekly for more years than I can count and no one has found the secret combination.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyenomad View Post
    I'm looking for the clone of McDonald's sausage gravy. I don't want to offend anyone but DO NOT POST YOUR favorite if you've not tried McDonalds and your's doesn't taste like MC DONALDS. I've made different recipes almost weekly for more years than I can count and no one has found the secret combination.

Thanks
    try the canned sausage gravy from Foodlion or kroger,seems pretty close to my thoughts of it.
    If you build it they will come,,,they built it and they went.

I haven't seen anything good come out of McDonalds yet !!!

What the heck do you need a recipe to make sauage gravy for ??? Can't imagine?

dice up a onion, fry it up with sauage meat, K-paul meat magic. Drain when cooked. Thicken with milk and Wondra. Done. The best!!!

Here is a rule of thumb when making sauage gravey.

No matter what recipe you use, you want a nice white gravey when you are done. Soooooo, do not use your old reliable cast iron cookware.

If you do then your gravy will come out grayish looking and not very appetizing looking.

Quote Originally Posted by fgp6889 View Post
    try the canned sausage gravy from Foodlion or kroger,seems pretty close to my thoughts of it.
    If you had ever tried MacDonald's you wouldn't even THINK a canned food store gravy would be close. What the previous user is asking, is what is the special sauce or spice that MacDonald's uses that makes theirs unique. I do know they use red pepper but I haven't isolated the spice that give it that unique taste. It is a "red" gravy, not a white milk gravy.

Quote Originally Posted by benncool View Post
    Here is a rule of thumb when making sauage gravey.

No matter what recipe you use, you want a nice white gravey when you are done. Soooooo, do not use your old reliable cast iron cookware.

If you do then your gravy will come out grayish looking and not very appetizing looking.
    Sorry, but I won't use anything but a cast iron skillet for my gravy. I don't like white milky gravy. I only use bacon grease, I like to "brown" the flour until it is almost burnt then put in the water and carnation cream. I add black pepper, salt, and a teaspoon of sugar. It comes out a nice light brown color with none of the bland, floury taste of "white" gravy. Gravy should be a little spicy, with flavor, to be good. But then you can't appreciate good gravy or know what it is, if you don't live in the south. Anybody ever hear of "chocolate gravy"?

Quote Originally Posted by fgp6889 View Post
    If you had ever tried MacDonald's you wouldn't even THINK a canned food store gravy would be close. What the previous user is asking, is what is the special sauce or spice that MacDonald's uses that makes theirs unique. I do know they use red pepper but I haven't isolated the spice that give it that unique taste. It is a "red" gravy, not a white milk gravy.

Well here is the ingredients according to their Website.

Sausage Gravy
    Water, pork, soybean oil, enriched flour (bleached wheat flour, niacin, iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), food starch- modified, salt, sodium caseinate (milk derivative), sugar, potassium phosphate, sodium stearoyl lactylate, caramel color, natural (plant source) and artificial flavor, maltodextrin, spice, carrageenan.

CONTAINS: WHEAT, MILK.
    http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutri....do?itemID=163

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

It's all in the spices in the sausage and the spices added. I know so many people that swear by it that it's unbelievable.

I haven't had McDonald's gravy in a long time but I make my own gravy every weekend. I've tried a lot of different kinds, but Jimmy Dean's All Natural Regular Pork Sausage seems to have the best flavor and spices to me. Seems spicier than their Regular Pork Sausage too which is weird and almost has a smokey flavor.
    http://jimmydean.com/products/test-product-name-01.aspx
    Here's how I do it: Cook 1 lb sausage in large pan add seasoning to liking: i.e. Salt, Pepper, Garlic Salt. Stir in 5 to 8 Tablespoons Flour; 1 Tablespoon at a time make sure all the flour is absorbed before adding more. Then I add 4 cups Vitamin D Milk and bring to a boil for at least 30 seconds. Then let cool off ready to eat with some good buttermilk biscuits.

Edna Bay, Alaska Highest concentration of black bears in the US
    What? Mickey D's don't do that out here!

Neese's sausage, if I am out of the stuff my kinfolks in KY make from their hogs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast