Pimp Big Brother's Ride

a few weeks ago, Los Angeles police chief Charlie Beck was seen on TV holding up an AK47 that was turned in during a "guns for cash" program, (or so they claimed) and was heard to remark "what is this doing in a civilized society?"

yet another agent of the rich, with no conecept of Constututional law, making an anti-Second Amendment remark, showing that he's willing to play ball with the corrupt spin-doctors.

the answer is , Mr Beck, a society that follows strict Constitutional law and doesn't trade freedoms to make things sound better.

today, Charlie Beck was on TV bragging about the new meter-maid vehicles that have been deployed to the streets of Los Angeles.
    the city has one or two.
    the cars are equipped with cameras that collect video from all four directions and instantly process hundreds of license plates per second, looking for all kinds of violations. (mostly people who didn't pay the KGB ...i mean DMV)

the cameras on the vehicles also record the times, dates, and locations of every plate viewed, whether they're a criminal or not.

Chuckie bragged about an incident that happened recently where some kind of crime was committed, and the police are now sifting through the database to find "suspect vehicles" that may be related to the crime.
    ...no details were given.

Beck said "we use technology like this very carefully".

...well...makes me feel better.

WOLFSTRIKE COMMENTARY:

a lot of people around the world have this sick idea that technology is going to greatly decrease crime, and that's completely false.

the problem is, our government chooses and ignores the crimes it wishes.

example, 80% of the American public wants something done about our illegal and irresponsible immigration.
    the Federal government has been over-riding the will of the public, on this issue, for over 40 years now.
    how can we call this a "Democracy?"
    illegal immigration is an example of a law the government chooses to ignore.
    the IRS does not prosecute illegals, but simply collects the fake SS numbers they create.

one time, as a security officer, icalled in a report to the police.
    a gardener had tried to break into a car and his finger prints were all over the window.
    i was told that car theft is too much work for them to get involved.
    apparently, car theft is another crime that our government has no interest in.

the only thing technology has done, is place our personal information on the net so hackers from around the world can get a hold of it easier.

the crimes that YOU think are important, are never going to match the crimes the government thinks are important.

technology is not going to solve our problems.
    it's the job of every American citizen to pull the plug on the government, not give it more power.

I called the law on some street person looking in car windows the other morning....this was about 4 am.

Our neighbor has had his cars broken into quite a few times over the last couple of years and we have seen this guy around before at night.

So by the time the law shows up this guy is peeking in the windows of a house that is being remodeled across the street and they grab him question him and then......they let him go.

Had I known that I believe I would have grabbed a piece of gas pipe from the shed and went and beat this guy till he was crippled up for life.

I ever catch him looking in our car windows and Im going to take care of it myself..... probably end up in jail....but hopefully a jury would see it from my POV especially when introducing the story of how the law let him go before.
    May Allah Guide Us Towards The Right Path and move us towards a better understanding of Allah and Allahs Creation.

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    I called the law on some street person looking in car windows the other morning....this was about 4 am.

Our neighbor has had his cars broken into quite a few times over the last couple of years and we have seen this guy around before at night.

So by the time the law shows up this guy is peeking in the windows of a house that is being remodeled across the street and they grab him question him and then......they let him go.

Had I known that I believe I would have grabbed a piece of gas pipe from the shed and went and beat this guy till he was crippled up for life.

I ever catch him looking in our car windows and Im going to take care of it myself..... probably end up in jail....but hopefully a jury would see it from my POV especially when introducing the story of how the law let him go before.
    What could the police have done? Is it illegal to look into someone's window? I suppose some sort of peeping Tom law could be sited, but there was no person to be peeping on, so no one to file charges. Trespassing? Difficult enough to enforce by the owner of property without a proper deterent barrier and signage.

So, the police harassed the guy a little and let him know he was being watched. There really isn't any more they could have done.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

the government will lock up a vigilante a lot faster than a criminal.

...just put a spot light on him

Good advice. I've also approached suspicious persons and asked in my sternest, most manly voice; "Can I help you with something"?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

I don't recommend any of the vigilante actions taken in the above article, but it might be a good idea to talk to some of your local community organizations, police dept, fire dept, etc., to see if there is a cheap effective way to surveil your properties and alarm the neighbors.
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.