carrier 40aq wont power on, please help

Thank you in advance for anyone that takes the time to supply helpful information.

I recently replaced my condenser fan motor. AC was running perfect. It got to the point that it was getting too cold so I tried to turn it off but it wouldn't. I set it to off and then raised the temperature on the thermostat but nothing would turn it off. I finally turned it off from the breaker. A few hours later I tried to turn it back on and nothing happened. I tested the green and red wires from the thermostat and there was no spark. What should I try next?

Quote Originally Posted by RYANBAROUH View Post
    Thank you in advance for anyone that takes the time to supply helpful information.

I recently replaced my condenser fan motor. AC was running perfect. It got to the point that it was getting too cold so I tried to turn it off but it wouldn't. I set it to off and then raised the temperature on the thermostat but nothing would turn it off. I finally turned it off from the breaker. A few hours later I tried to turn it back on and nothing happened. I tested the green and red wires from the thermostat and there was no spark. What should I try next?
    Call a qualified contractor
    "Profit is not the legitimate purpose of business. The legitimate purpose of business is to provide a product or service that people need and do it so well that it's profitable."

James Rouse

Seriously, call a pro. I bet you need two new parts maybe 3. Not huge expense, but if you use a sparkplug as a tester you do more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by RYANBAROUH View Post
    I tested the green and red wires from the thermostat and there was no spark. What should I try next?
    Call a pro cause chances are doing something like this you also blew a fuse or fried a board.