HELP: No Collar Outlet for My Wood Insert

There is only a 6" round hole in the wood insert vs. usualy, there would be a outlet collar which from factory built in the back of the insert.

In this case, what should I do? I need to connect the liners and adapter to the insert. Do I need to weld one?

Please help.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images   

nobody konws ah?

Shouldn't this post be moved to the Fireplace Forum????

It sounds very much like you got a faulty unit.There is no telling what other problems there may be.
    Take it back and get a good one.Examine it before taking it home.

Call the manufacturer support line.

Cool

No, there are a lot of stoves with a smooth appliance collar. Some have a factory rig to attach the pipe from inside. Others can be attached by making and attaching 'L' brackets btw pipe and stove top.

The first question is, is this a stove certified to EPA Phase II emissions? The second question is answered by the first but is it listed to UL 1482/ ULC B-365-01 by a recognized testing lab?

If it is unlisted or uncertified, it should not be installed anyway. If it does meet those requirements then it should be installed by a qualified pro., which in Canada is WETT Certified. In the US, that would be NFI Wood Certified, Certified Chimney Sweep, or a F.I.R.E. Certified Inspector.

It all starts with the attached rating plate and accompanying manual then a call to the mfr. If no rating plate, dump it. If no serial #, dump it. If uncertified dump it. Unlisted, dump. The listed instructions should have information on attaching the pipe. If not, then contact the mfr.'s technical services with model and serial #.

HTH

Fireplace Forum

Hey Gary it sure looks like this post is in the fireplaces forum doesnt it! Thanks for checking b4 you posted!