Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Robo

Are you with Goodman still or did I hear you moved on? If you are still with them I have some questions on their 13 SEER equipment.

I am back with Goodman. Ask away or email me.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

I work for a apartment community that has only 2 ton 10 seer straight cool units. All of the condensers are on slabs with enough room to accomadate larger units for change outs when needed, my question is do you know how much larger the air handler is for a 13 seer. Right now the model I have is the AW24C. I am in the unique position of the units are built into the wall with no room on the sides, possibly a little on the back and some in heigth.

Unfortunately, many of the wall hung models are being eliminated. I will check to see if that is one that is on the chopping block. If not, the next size larger capacity unit may be the same physical size and may be rated with the 13 SEER units. Again, I will check this out tomorrow.

One other question maybe you can answer for me then is on change out. I know I can change out just the c/u with a 13 seer and still use the old 10 a/h and it will just bring the seer rating down to maybe an 11, but will I need to change out the piston to a different size to accomidate the new c/u?

Good news. The CLT24-1 is rated with the AW24 for a 12 SEER system rating. The .059 piston must be replaced with a .055 piston.

I thought you went to Carrier, ok are you somehow doin both?
    You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel...

http://rapalaguy.spaces.live.com/

I went with York briefly. Then my old boss called me back when one of the higher ups that had issues with my.....ahem...independent nature ....got fired. Boss said; RoBo, I've been really pissed off ever since you quit without giving me the chance to fire you. So, whatdoyasay? Come on back and give me another shot, eh?

How could I refuse?

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Unfortunately, many of the wall hung models are being eliminated.
    Oh no, I literally have hundreds of customers with these, in the closet over the water heater (condos), no room for a standard air handler, should be interesting next year to say the least

Swamp

Trane has models with the heat packages in them, A/S too.
    RoBo, the Salis. boys handed me the flier on the GM 95% plus unit, they had a woody for it. What's the word. I needed a ceiling mounted unit I needed in a hurry. Stumbled across one in the Service book.

Cool, why did the ahole get fired?

Gotta love that!
    You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel...

http://rapalaguy.spaces.live.com/

Originally posted by Chad711
    Cool, why did the ahole get fired?

Gotta love that!
    Unfortunately, I am not at liberty to discuss particulars on this in an open forum I keep my boss's blood pressure up too much as it is

What is really funny is that a similar thing happened a few years when back when a new VP got ticked over my supporting something he wanted me to support and started the paperwork for my dismissal. There were some strong hints that my demise was coming, but nothing happened. Then, at a national meeting I was told by one of my counterparts in another part of the country that he was told he would need to spend a couple of weeks in my region because I was being fired. When I was told who it was that put in for my dismissal it made sense...this guy was fired before my paperwork went through Those were some disorienting times during a large companies changing of the guard. Big business as usual I guess.

Originally posted by swampfox
    Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Unfortunately, many of the wall hung models are being eliminated.
    Oh no, I literally have hundreds of customers with these, in the closet over the water heater (condos), no room for a standard air handler, should be interesting next year to say the least
    OK, I just checked the latest list. It looks like the AW and AC units are just going through some changes to meet the 13 SEER requirements. The AH (hydronic coil) models look to be history.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast