Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    I have decided that I, as well as most others, have been caught up in the constant cynical attitudes of the media and people using war and natural disasters as an excuse to propogate hate and regression, and I am going to try very hard to avoid being that way any longer.

The choices that people make should not take away from the fact that when the chips are down, they deserve help. There has been offers of help from just about every nation in the world. While some are attempting to gain from their help, most are just extending a hand to other human beings and that is the way it should be.

The bizarre attitude of so many to blame others in order to propogate their social or political agendas is more of a disaster then the flood damage itself.

Amen Robo. I got beat up in another thread for saying much the same thing. People are hurting now. It's much too early to be slamming them. Some people love to see others suffer. It sickens me.
    A little compassion goes a long way.

Originally posted by Diceman
    It's just hard to overlook how inept the whole thing was handled. Most guys in FEMA were appointed as political favors, they had no clue. It brings out the problem with our administration, hell bent on Iraq and ignoring our countries issues as well as constantly doing damage control and spin doctoring their many screw ups.
    What's with you Dice? Ya are normally a bleeding heart liberal but you just can't let an oportunity go by without *****ing while people are in trouble?

Your post is full of **** and has absolutely no redeeming value. It is because of propoganda crap like this that the world sees the U.S. as a vile country of hateful citizens rather then what in truth is happening by so many Americans being proactive and helping others in their time of need.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

OK, things got a little off track. That's ok, it's bound to happen.

Dice, you know I think the world of you. I just don't see the sense in the amount of energy you are spending on being cynical at this time when we need to be very positive.

hvacmd2002, I'm sure that your post was one of the things that helped build my realization that we have all been played by racist jackasses, political oportunists and media nay-sayers who have been intent on cashing in on everyone's grief, confusion and feelings of helplessness.

Oroy54, I don't think for one moment that you are stupid, but you are a racist. That does not mean that I think you are an all round bad person, but the racist part of you was learned and is a flaw in your character. If you were drowning and a hand plunged into the water to pull you to safety, would it matter if that hand belonged to a black man?

Originally posted by nevada
    Originally posted by oroy54
    I dont want to give you the idea that I am against Blacks. The women and children are fine. The black men and boys are bad. They made their reputation for themselves, not me. If I invite the women and the children in to my home. Well here comes the black men and the black boys. Hummmm? I have to take care of my own. That is just the way it is. I may be slammed for this, but it is the truth. Sorry Roy
    I don't speak for all black men, but I don't see oroy54 as a racist, he is just stupid. People like him feel the same about all none white races. I have seen it in many of the oriental countries where they will hate and kill the males of the race and enjoy intimate sex and even marry the women. One has to wonder how old someone become when they turn from being fine to bad.
    have you ever met / heard of a 'smart' racist?

angry, yes.

There are many very intelligent people who are racist in all races. Unfortunately, racism is deemed to be a "white" problem in the U.S. That of course is not even close to being accurate and in itself is a racist concept.

Overall, racism is stupid even if racists are not always stupid. I would have to say that most racists are however ignorant. They are ignorant of the fact that we are all basically the same with the same needs and desires. We differ much more from cultural upbringing then from our race.

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    There are many very intelligent people who are racist in all races. Unfortunately, racism is deemed to be a "white" problem in the U.S. That of course is not even close to being accurate and in itself is a racist concept.

Overall, racism is stupid even if racists are not always stupid. I would have to say that most racists are however ignorant. They are ignorant of the fact that we are all basically the same with the same needs and desires. We differ much more from cultural upbringing then from our race.
    That is, hands down, the finest post you have ever written. It all makes so much sense. Are you feeling okay Robo?

Something's different with you. You're not dying on us are you?

Hell, even a broken clock is right two times a day

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123