Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Well if you want big government then be prepared for big catasthpies when sh!t happens.

What do you think that small business survive even though we have big corporations trying to suck up every dollar? The reason is they are too big. Goodman or Carrier can not deliver a 3 ton condensing unit to Mrs. Smith tomorrow morning. But Pennwood or Spotts Bros. or BCH could.

It is funny though. Who's fault was it. 9-11 was the same thing. Who's fault was it? How about the terrorist that flew the planes? Do you think maybe they were at fault?

Originally posted by double bubble
    No not slamed you should be praised for being honest .
    an honest racist?

(characterizing and isolating for black-males?)

Originally posted by benncool
    Well if you want big government then be prepared for big catasthpies when sh!t happens.

What do you think that small business survive even though we have big corporations trying to suck up every dollar? The reason is they are too big. Goodman or Carrier can not deliver a 3 ton condensing unit to Mrs. Smith tomorrow morning. But Pennwood or Spotts Bros. or BCH could.

It is funny though. Who's fault was it. 9-11 was the same thing. Who's fault was it? How about the terrorist that flew the planes? Do you think maybe they were at fault?
    so the FBI are free and clear for NOT investigating fully the field reports that "a few middle eastern men (non U.S. citizens) are taking flight training classes in Arizona" ???

(no take-off and landing skills required)

Originally posted by tonys
    Originally posted by benncool
    so the FBI are free and clear for NOT investigating fully the field reports that "a few middle eastern men (non U.S. citizens) are taking flight training classes in Arizona" ???

(no take-off and landing skills required)

not saying that. A fire department should have hoses that don't leak and trucks that start. But if someone torches a building do we can the fire chief? Who's fault was it? The fire bug or the fire chief?

it's not an easy solution,
    but why not 'kill the criminals' AND adjust the environment around them which may help hinder future like-minded individuals?

For example:
    use the death penalty on a 1st degree murder charge...AND restrict the sale/possession of automatic assault rifles

...possibly a subject for another thread.

I agree that the power of the press is truly staggering. It's amazing how they can put a certain spin on the news not just for furthering their own political ideologies, but to increase their listenership or readership. ($$$$) I used to catch myself being brainwashed by them at times and have since become increasingly less gullible. Applying filters to the news can become a tiresome chore.

I think that regardless of one's religious, racial or political views, it's interesting to see a different take on news events once in a while even if it confuses you or ticks you off.

The part that I just can't stand is when the press goe out of their way to make an issue of a non-issue. For example, when they take an isolated incident and attempt to turn it into a trend. Sometimes I wonder if the term "responsible journalism" has become an oxymoron.

Historically, our govenment has shown itself to be inept during crisis. What makes people think that another NATURAL disaster would suddenly transform our government into models of efficiency? I'm not critizing, just stating my opinion of history. We need to blame someone when sh*t happens. We can't accept there are forces greater than us out there and sometimes we are going to get the **** kicked out of us and we can't do anything about it. It happens all over the world, unfortunately, it happens to be our turn this century. Remember the disaster that hit China in the late 60's. Flooding resulted in the death and displacement of over a million Chinese. Rather than fix blame, lets concentrate on addressing and fixing the problems.

It's piling on time for the democrats. I don't know how it helps but they seem to enjoy pointing fingers. I'm sure if their party was in charge the storm would have been diverted, lives saved, and surplus money made off of the catastrophe.

I try not to place blame as it seems counterproductive if anything. Why not offer valid suggestions instead of lame accusations. At least it would make them look compassionate instead of indignant.
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

My eldest daughter is entering her 3rd year for Journalism in University. Now, she loves the idea of journalism. She will be exceptionally good as well. She knew this was her calling since she was 8.

Called one night halfway through last year, bantering on about how bad bad journalism is and that it's full of crap and how they manipute and lie and cheat and all sorts of things. Even threatened to give it up. I said to her "You love this stuff way too much to sit back, watch the goings on and just be bitter about it because of a few rotten apples. A little knowledge is a useless and dangerous thing. Besides...If you don't like what you see in the thing that you are so passionate about, how are you going to make changes in it for the better from the outside?"

She settled down and is now the national editor for her University newspaper and happier than she has ever been...Now she can start on some of those changes.
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2’.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

Originally posted by tonys
    Originally posted by double bubble
    No not slamed you should be praised for being honest .
    an honest racist?

(characterizing and isolating for black-males?)

Yes praised for being honest, blacks have told me they would prefer someone be upfront with how they feel . Guess they run into a lot of snakes in the grass .

is this really happening or not

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    A young black man, not too well spoken, was being interviewed in Houston because so many had pointed him out as being the one who rescued them.

Seems that after getting his own family out of a flooded and damaged house and to safety, this young man left the safety of dry ground and went back into his neighborhood to help others out.

Eventually finding someone with an accesable boat, the two of them kept going back and pulling people out of houses till everyone in the neighborhood was safe. This is the kind of thing that heroic people lose their lives over, yet this young man seemed unaffected by the praise.

He said that while he has always lived in New Orleans, he will never go back. Said he never wants to chance living through such devastation. As of the time of the interview, this man had several job offers lined up in Houston doing whatever kind of work he could get so he can move out of the Astrodome.
    Heard a lot of people saying they will never go back.
    “Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own." Scott Adams

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

Originally posted by senior tech
    Originally posted by oroy54
    I dont want to give you the idea that I am against Blacks. The women and children are fine. The black men and boys are bad. They made their reputation for themselves, not me. If I invite the women and the children in to my home. Well here comes the black men and the black boys. Hummmm? I have to take care of my own. That is just the way it is. I may be slammed for this, but it is the truth. Sorry Roy
    To stereotype and suggest an entire race/sex is bad is plain wrong. The young black man that Robo described should be evidence enough for you, the lad is a hero...why can't people accept that there are good people as well as bad people of every race...the Archie Bunker mentality is what keeps a portion of our country seperated. They made they're reputations? Well I guess with Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacy, etc...all caucasion men are murderers and rapists?
    It is wrong to say that all black males are up to no good.
    The simple fact is that there are bad apples in every bushel.
    Unfortunately, some of them have made it to DFW as the newstories tonight were about how the Dallas police are having to post watchmen for their cruisers at Reunion Arena due to young black males trying to break into them.

Originally posted by oroy54
    I dont want to give you the idea that I am against Blacks. The women and children are fine. The black men and boys are bad. They made their reputation for themselves, not me. If I invite the women and the children in to my home. Well here comes the black men and the black boys. Hummmm? I have to take care of my own. That is just the way it is. I may be slammed for this, but it is the truth. Sorry Roy
    I don't speak for all black men, but I don't see oroy54 as a racist, he is just stupid. People like him feel the same about all none white races. I have seen it in many of the oriental countries where they will hate and kill the males of the race and enjoy intimate sex and even marry the women. One has to wonder how old someone become when they turn from being fine to bad.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast