Thread: Static preasure

Post Likes
    without getting too technical and using measering tools,
    I have a 2.5 ton a/c + gas heat unit in a 1100 sq ft home that
    cools OK and puts out a very decent (again without measuring)amount of air flow , house has 6 outlets, I am thinking of putting a 7 th supply outlet,if I do this technicaly I would assume that the air speed will go down a bit and the tempature coming out of the air grill to get colder as well. Am I correct ?

Post Likes
    Not really.

when you add that 7th supply, all the other supplies will lose some of their air volume, but the blower will also be able to move more air, and more air means a slightly warmer coil, which means the air won't be as cool as it was in cooling mode, or as warm in heating.

Post Likes
    adding the 7th supply could actually help just remember that your furnace cant put out any more air than what it takes in meaning you cant get 1000 cfms out of your furnace if it only has 800 cfms coming into it from the returns.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    After you add that suppply,check and adjust the charge,as it's likely wrong.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in