Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Quote Originally Posted by zachhvac View Post
    Yeah i remember reading that from you, still dont know why you came up with that at all.
    The slave thing is stupid, why do they think there was a jubilee every so often when all the slaves where set free?
    Make no mistake though, it isnt MY belief, its point blank from the scripture precisely what gods view of homosexuality and abortion are.
    Why do you think most libs are anti religion?
    It'a all perception Zach. What you see as crystal clear, others may see somewhat murky while still others won't see at all. I think scripture is designed that way to keep the teachings universal and timeless. We read the scripture and we make of it the best for our situation.

In a situation where a pregnancy is going to kill the mother if taken to term, should the pregnancy not be aborted?

What exactly does scripture say about homosexuallity other then a man shall not lie with another man as he would lie with a woman? Other parts of scripture warns of deviant sex with a woman. Maybe scripture is only referring to sodomy, which we know causes physical harm to the body and more easily spreads disease.

The worst thing that man has ever done when it comes to scripture is to have fought over what man has claimed was crystal clear and others better adhere to it. I believe this is a trapping of evil. After all, is not intellect prematurely given to us by evil? Do we not have the ability to reason and to think beyond our abilities to truly understand?

A major teaching of Jesus Christ is to forgive others. No where does Jesus Christ ever tell us to judge others. The very prayer that is the most commonly recited has the catch in it when we pray to be forgiven for our trespasses...ON THE CONDITION...as we forgive those who trespass against us. How are we all doing on that stipulation? Do you really want to be forgiven, or judged, by the way you forgive or judge others?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by forged alloy View Post
    With all due respect, this is an extremely arrogant post to me. What exactly are you basing the fact that you are more intelligent than the member you are debating? Could it be that he holds a differing opinion to you, therefore he is somehow of lesser intellect then you?
    Do you know what ROFLMAO, means ??

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    Do you know what ROFLMAO, means ??

Roy
    No - old as dirt - perhaps you could educate me

Kidds these days....

Quote Originally Posted by forged alloy View Post
    No - old as dirt - perhaps you could educate me

Kidds these days....
    ROFLMAO = Rolling On Floor Laughing My Azz Off

Quote Originally Posted by k-fridge View Post
    ROFLMAO = Rolling On Floor Laughing My Azz Off
    Wow! Talk about a geriatric think tank.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    It'a all perception Zach. What you see as crystal clear, others may see somewhat murky while still others won't see at all. I think scripture is designed that way to keep the teachings universal and timeless. We read the scripture and we make of it the best for our situation.

In a situation where a pregnancy is going to kill the mother if taken to term, should the pregnancy not be aborted?

What exactly does scripture say about homosexuallity other then a man shall not lie with another man as he would lie with a woman? Other parts of scripture warns of deviant sex with a woman. Maybe scripture is only referring to sodomy, which we know causes physical harm to the body and more easily spreads disease.

The worst thing that man has ever done when it comes to scripture is to have fought over what man has claimed was crystal clear and others better adhere to it. I believe this is a trapping of evil. After all, is not intellect prematurely given to us by evil? Do we not have the ability to reason and to think beyond our abilities to truly understand?

A major teaching of Jesus Christ is to forgive others. No where does Jesus Christ ever tell us to judge others. The very prayer that is the most commonly recited has the catch in it when we pray to be forgiven for our trespasses...ON THE CONDITION...as we forgive those who trespass against us. How are we all doing on that stipulation? Do you really want to be forgiven, or judged, by the way you forgive or judge others?
    Robo, take all the yous and other nonsense out of it and realize its not me, its whats in writing, for instance. Explain to me what this means to you.

That is why God gave them up to disgraceful sexual appetites, for both their females changed the natural use of themselves into one contrary to nature; 27*and likewise even the males left the natural use of the female and became violently inflamed in their lust toward one another, males with males, working what is obscene and receiving in themselves the full recompense, which was due for their error.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Robo, take all the yous and other nonsense out of it and realize its not me, its whats in writing, for instance. Explain to me what this means to you.

That is why God gave them up to disgraceful sexual appetites, for both their females changed the natural use of themselves into one contrary to nature; 27*and likewise even the males left the natural use of the female and became violently inflamed in their lust toward one another, males with males, working what is obscene and receiving in themselves the full recompense, which was due for their error.
    On a quick glimpse reaction, I would say that these lines of scripture tell us that God was not happy with something sexual that men and women were doing sexually. More specifically, but not absolutely specific is that something that men usually do sexually with women that they are doing with other men. The last line indicates that by doing these things, these people paid the price for their sins.

But, let's really study this section of scripture.

Paul wrote this to the Romans. These Romans practiced pagan faiths before accepting the Word of God in Jesus Christ, and had little knowledge of Hebrew teachings. So, Paul had to give these Christians Jesus's message along with some Hebrew scripture teachings.

In red, I have given the best fitting descriptions of the original ancient Greek wording in which this King James Version of scripture was translated from. My reference source is Strong's Exhausted Bible Concordance.
    Romans 1:26-27

King James Version (KJV)

26For this cause (1223 enclosure, such as a sheep-fold) God gave them up unto vile (819 shame, disgrace) affections (3806 conotes a desire which is bad):

So, this is not about a "cause", as in something we strive to do, but refers to a portion of the population or a group of specific persons who God turned over to shameful desires....

...for even their women did change (3337 give one thing for another) the natural (5446 governed by natural instincts) use into that which is against nature:

Once we understand the original word meanings, this portion pertaining to women seems to be referring to women changing from natural male/female intercourse to sodomy.

This general attitude is supported by commentary on the subject by Greek philosophers in the few hundred years prior to the man Jesus walking the Earth. One Greek philosopher has been quoted in ancient writings as having told his wife that he prefers sex with men because all women can offer is two wombs. (Personal impulse reaction....YUCK!)
    27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working (2716 bringing about) that which is unseemly (808 shameful), and receiving (618 to take inside) in themselves that recompence (489 reward, in a bad sense) of their error (4106 taking the wrong path) which was meet (1163 neccesary, binding)

So, this entire passage in Romans appears to be addressing sodomy between men and men and men and women alike. There really is no direct implication that homosexual or lesbian love is a taboo to God in these passages. Then again, without sodomy, I don't know if homosexuals would be satisfied sexually as a man is satisfied sexually with a woman without sodomy.

Spin it any way you chose because the next verse says this.

And just as they did not approve of holding God in accurate knowledge, God gave them up to a disapproved mental state, to do the things not fitting, 29*filled as they were with all unrighteousness, wickedness, covetousness, badness, being full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malicious disposition, being whisperers, 30*backbiters, haters of God, insolent, haughty, self-assuming, inventors of injurious things, disobedient to parents, 31*without understanding, false to agreements, having no natural affection, merciless. 32*Although these know full well the righteous decree of God, that those practicing such things are deserving of death, they not only keep on doing them but also consent with those practicing them.

There are also many, many other scriptures condeming homosexuality, again this is in your bible as well as mine.
    Also when you give something up you no longer care about it anymore, if god gave them up, hes pretty much done with them.
    They do have every oportunity to turn around as in where the scripture talks about' that is what some of you where, but you have been washed clean you have been sanctified.

Doesnt really matter, if this isnt clear to you then you dont really want to talk so im not going to play the game anymore.

I would however do some research even light research on these subjects, its very easy to do.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Spin it any way you chose because the next verse says this.

And just as they did not approve of holding God in accurate knowledge, God gave them up to a disapproved mental state, to do the things not fitting, 29*filled as they were with all unrighteousness, wickedness, covetousness, badness, being full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malicious disposition, being whisperers, 30*backbiters, haters of God, insolent, haughty, self-assuming, inventors of injurious things, disobedient to parents, 31*without understanding, false to agreements, having no natural affection, merciless. 32*Although these know full well the righteous decree of God, that those practicing such things are deserving of death, they not only keep on doing them but also consent with those practicing them.

There are also many, many other scriptures condeming homosexuality, again this is in your bible as well as mine.
    Also when you give something up you no longer care about it anymore, if god gave them up, hes pretty much done with them.
    They do have every oportunity to turn around as in where the scripture talks about' that is what some of you where, but you have been washed clean you have been sanctified.

Doesnt really matter, if this isnt clear to you then you dont really want to talk so im not going to play the game anymore.

I would however do some research even light research on these subjects, its very easy to do.
    Zach, I did not spin anything at all. You are claiming to be believing in what scripture tells us, yet you are not willing to study what it is that scripture "is" actually telling us.

Using the most recent methods of understanding the original language in which scripture was written in, I have outlined exactly what scripture is actually telling us, not what some religious zealot with a mortals mission tells us he "thinks" scripture is telling us.

What I wrote is factual according to the most recent information and most updated etomological data on what scripture is telling us from the language and times that scripture was written.

Now, if you prefer to live your life by what mortal man has conjured up in his mind what scripture is telling us, be my guest. But don't give me that crap that scripture is crystal clear, because it is not. What is crystal clear is that man has historically used and abused scripture to justify hate by doing exactly what you are doing in your choosing to accept some man's interpretation of what scripture is telling us.

God may very well really emotionally hate men with any homosexual tendencies. Scripture is not crystal clear on this and in no way implies this from the intent of the original writings in their original language. The hate has been added by man.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567