Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by local553 View Post
    Who said anything about turning anything over to terrorist.I am saying someone like robo saying that kind of stuff must stop.That girl new her rules of life is it right i don't think so and yes it a shame,but we should not push our way of living on them.As far as terrorist it should be hiroshema all over again.Now would that be nice we would have a big parking lot over there and all the oil we need.
    If not for our efforts in the Middle East and Asia and the dedication of brave Americans such as our respective boys, that kind of stuff is going to become common place in the U.S. as well. Muslim girls in the U.S. are already being abused by male family members and now our government is considering allowing Sharia law to take precident over U.S. law when it comes to how Muslim families in the U.S. abuse females in the family.

There is no such thing as "that is none of our concern" any longer. The world is too small for that sort of small minded attitude. We cannot turn our backs on atrocities just because they don't occur here, or else they will wind up coming here. That is what your boys are fighting for. God bless them.

I do understand your concern for your boys, as I have gone through the same concerns. Still, whether we believe in the cause or not, we need to support those of our loved ones who are defending that cause with their very lives.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

For those who believe we should just nuke the Middle East and destroy all of the peoples there, please remember that Islam also has nukes. If anyone thinks for one moment that Pakistan would not use their nukes on us, they just haven't been paying much attention.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    If you weren't so ignorant of Christianity, you would understand why your snide comment is so pathetic.

Men commit evil by our own process of reasoning. God does not command us to commit violence. The last Word on the subject from God is; Love one another as I love you.

Why do such ill informed people such as yourself constantly spew out such ignorant opinions?
    I never said that God made anyone commit violence... If anything, I'd say killing virtually everyone on the planet by drowning is far more violent than what ANY muslim as done. Turning some dude's wife into a pillar of salt is a bit extreme to be considered a practical joke.

I have to agree Glenn. Just because a war is not popular with some folks don't make it an unworthy war. We did not start this war with Islam. In fact, this war was started 1400 years ago and has continued to spread throughout the world ever since. The Islamic war on the world may be slowed for a few decades, as has happened during the 20th Century, but it is a war that has been being waged for many centuries. So, it is unfortunately, our war. Unless we are ready to become part of a culture that can justify murdering women for the slightest thing, this is indeed our war.
    This is a war between Christians/Jews, and Muslims... NOT Americans. I'm sick of Christians making my country go to war. It's ridiculous to posit that one side can keep a war going for 1400 years by themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by CraziFuzzy View Post
    I never said that God made anyone commit violence... If anything, I'd say killing virtually everyone on the planet by drowning is far more violent than what ANY muslim as done. Turning some dude's wife into a pillar of salt is a bit extreme to be considered a practical joke.
    You are referring to all Old Testament stuff that had to do with the Hebrews and God. Let's get you up to the First Century A.D. in your understanding of God and all of mankind.

I have some really out there theories on some of those Genesis stories. Some are really "out of this world".....literally. What God fearing (respecting, loving etc.) people need to relate to is God in Jesus Christ and how the New Testament relates to everyone.

This is a war between Christians/Jews, and Muslims... NOT Americans. I'm sick of Christians making my country go to war. It's ridiculous to posit that one side can keep a war going for 1400 years by themselves.
    Do you really think that Muslims care if you are a Christian or a Jew or an atheist? Since you are not a Muslim, you are on the list to be exterminated. If you think you can just stick your head in the sand and be safe by not taking a side, you are sadly mistaken.

You think it's bad having to put up with Christians and Jews? Just wait till you are under Sharia law.

You are referring to all Old Testament stuff that had to do with the Hebrews and God. Let's get you up to the First Century A.D. in your understanding of God and all of mankind.

I have some really out there theories on some of those Genesis stories. Some are really "out of this world".....literally. What God fearing (respecting, loving etc.) people need to relate to is God in Jesus Christ and how the New Testament relates to everyone.
    So... your opinion is that the new testament is fact.. old testament is outdated... so in 1000 years, can we start calling the new testament hogwash because it's outdated? Wouldn't both the Qur'an and the Book of Mormon obsolete your new testament in the same way your new testament obsoletes the hebrew old testament?

So... your opinion is that the new testament is fact.. old testament is outdated... so in 1000 years, can we start calling the new testament hogwash because it's outdated? Wouldn't both the Qur'an and the Book of Mormon obsolete your new testament in the same way your new testament obsoletes the hebrew old testament?
    All scripture is fact. Yes, some of the Old Testament is indeed outdated, hence, the New Testament. The outdating is not due to God, but to man's disobedience of God and God's need to better understand God's own creation of man by becoming one of us, incarnate in Jesus Christ.

There is no need for any other changes in scripture since the times of the New Testament. God no longer intervenes with God's chosen people, but rather interacts spiritually with each and every one of us as we allow.

Back on the subject here, the muslim father here beat his child for going against the teachings of his faith. At least they stick to the faith completely, instead of when it's convenient. The book of romans says that gays are 'worthy of death'. Any good Christian, should therefore be compelled to kill their kids that come out of the closet. It is, the word of god, afterall.

Both books (The new testament, and the Quran) are full of hateful passages. Mainstream Christians have started to pick and choose the parts to practice, just as mainstream Muslims have started to pick and choose the parts to practice. I find it appalling, though, that those same christians and muslims will still call it the word of god, and defy it daily.

The only reason the fundamentals of christians have slipped more than the fundamentals of islam, is the christians were throughly unsuccessful during the crusades and the inquisition (y'know, that time when christianity was doing the same thing you are saying the 'false' islamic religion practices), and switched to the kindler/gentler approach of spreading their religion to poor and impressionable third world nations.

My point here, is that just as times and cultures had changed and a new testament was needed to keep the flocks believing in the change from the unenlightened ancient Hebrew days, to the enlightened post roman times - so now the new testament is failing to survive. The picking and choosing is the first sign of it as an outdated, and failing text. I know of no current church that believes and practices the complete new testament's teachings today in its entirety. Every church is full of the 'this should be interpreted THIS way', that is completely contrary to how it was interpreted 500 years ago. The words haven't changed... but society has... it is outgrowing the new testament.

Maybe its time for a new 'prophet' to write the newer testament of some other random guy. Though I'm sure you'd condemn someone for doing that.. this time...

Back on the subject here, the muslim father here beat his child for going against the teachings of his faith. At least they stick to the faith completely, instead of when it's convenient. The book of romans says that gays are 'worthy of death'. Any good Christian, should therefore be compelled to kill their kids that come out of the closet. It is, the word of god, afterall.

Both books (The new testament, and the Quran) are full of hateful passages. Mainstream Christians have started to pick and choose the parts to practice, just as mainstream Muslims have started to pick and choose the parts to practice. I find it appalling, though, that those same christians and muslims will still call it the word of god, and defy it daily.

The only reason the fundamentals of christians have slipped more than the fundamentals of islam, is the christians were throughly unsuccessful during the crusades and the inquisition (y'know, that time when christianity was doing the same thing you are saying the 'false' islamic religion practices), and switched to the kindler/gentler approach of spreading their religion to poor and impressionable third world nations.
    Actually, Paul told the Romans, who were Pagans involved with Pagan rituals including sexual orgies, that those who sin against God's will are "deserving" of death. Now, the term death in these preachings refers to spiritual death. Jesus has already taught that all sins are equal and must be atoned for. There is no other indication in the New Testament theme that would suggest that Roman's is claiming that homosexual's be put to physical death, just that they are deserving of spiritual death for being deliberately and without atonement against the will of God.

I fully agree with your attitude that too many so called teachers of Christianity use scripture for their own hateful means rather then for the extreme forgiving nature of God after having been incarnate in the man Jesus.

Romans 1:18-32

New International Version (NIV)

God’s Wrath Against Sinful Humanity

18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.
    24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.
    26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error. 28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.
    While the New Testament has strong warnings of things that will cause us harm if we continue to practice them, the only hateful theme in the New Testament is the hate that eminates from those who persecute Jesus Christ and His followers.

The Qu'ran is in no way comparable to the New testament. The Qu'ran is a single book, composed of commands by a single man in a militaristic fashion that dictates the use of violence against those who do not fall in line with the commands of the Qu'ran. Anyone believing that the Qu'ran and the New Testament are comparable books simply does not understand even basic literary structure let alone theological values.

The first Crusades were very successful. It seems to stand to reason that the Crusades becoming more interested in conquest then in protecting God's will is the reason for the downfall of the Crusades. Many horrible things that are absolutely against the will of God were done in the name of God during the Crusades. That is what happens when man thinks more then follows his faith.

The RCC inquisition period lasted up through the 20th Century and was nothing more then silly methods of the RCC testing a Catholic's loyalty to the RCC. The infamous Spanish Inquisition was never sanctioned by the RCC. Not being much of a fan of the RCC, I'd love to pin the horrific actions of the Spanish Inquisition on the RCC, but history shows that the RCC immediately condemned the actions of the Spanish Inquisition once it was learned. Like so many other wrongs attributed to Christianity, this was just another of man's evil doings.

The point I am trying to make is that Christ's teachings, which is what Christianity is supposed to be, has never promoted anything other then love for one another and forgiveness of others. Even the Lord's prayer that Jesus taught His disciple's contains the stipulation; "Forgive us our trespasses, AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO TRESPASS UPON US." which should lead us to understand that we will receive as good as we give.
    Last edited by RoBoTeq; 06-06-2011 at 09:01 AM.

Gentlemen,

A few posts have been deleted.

Please be careful with the language and personal attacks.

K

My point here, is that just as times and cultures had changed and a new testament was needed to keep the flocks believing in the change from the unenlightened ancient Hebrew days, to the enlightened post roman times - so now the new testament is failing to survive. The picking and choosing is the first sign of it as an outdated, and failing text. I know of no current church that believes and practices the complete new testament's teachings today in its entirety. Every church is full of the 'this should be interpreted THIS way', that is completely contrary to how it was interpreted 500 years ago. The words haven't changed... but society has... it is outgrowing the new testament.

Maybe its time for a new 'prophet' to write the newer testament of some other random guy. Though I'm sure you'd condemn someone for doing that.. this time...
    I really do understand where you are coming from because I once felt as you do. It was my desire to prove God, especially in Jesus Christ, to be a load of mumbo jumbo crap that led me to the conclusion that Jesus Christ is who He claims to be and that the Universe is an intelligent creation of the thing we refer to as God.

One of the most interesting things about scripture, Old Testament and New, is the timelessness of the teachings. Yes, we need to adapt some of the teachings to modern times. The stories about the downfalls of alcohol in excess are easilty used to teach of the excess use of drugs as well.

Even the dietary rules from the Old Testament as to which foods are clean or unclean apply to today. Those items that the Old Testament refers to as being unclean are all food items that need to be specifically prepared to prevent harming us. Pork contains harmful worms that need to be killed with proper cooking. The methods of cooking meats containing potentially harmful things were dubious at best before the time that Jesus walked the Earth as a man. Scavengers such as crabs need to be cooked alive to prevent the meat from becoming contaminated with harmful bacteria, and so these items were simply told to not be eaten. Just think, in a time when there was no way for man to be able to detect such harmful things in foods, God provided us the guidance to not eat those items.

Theologically, Jesus did not change anything. In fact, Jesus makes it very plain that He did not come to abandon the Law, but rather to support the Law. The law Jesus referred to is the Mosaic law of the Ten Commandments, not all of the 613 laws mentioned in the Old Testament. Why? Most of the laws in the Old Testament were laws specific to a certain covenant or societal situation. For instance, the laws for Noah in God's covnenant to Noah ended when God promised to never show such wrath on mankind again. After all, we are no longer being commanded to build arks, even though floods still occur. Laws for animal sacrifice have been replaced by Jesus being the ultimate sacrifice for all of mankind, so, no more need to burn that lamb to a crisp.

Once again, I agree that churchianity has debased and basardized the teachings of Jesus Christ in order to manipulate the masses. For this reason, I belong to no specific religion, but do attend services for any I am inclined to just to be with others in faith.

Society cannot outgrow scriptural teachings. Even the Old testament tells us that there is nothing new under the Sun. That is as true today as it was true when first composed. Our way of saying the same thing is "Different day, same crap."

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast