Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    The very fact that they are so violent and vile even amongst themselves is proof enough that the thing that they believe in is not God.
    True... God would never condone any sort of violence...

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Well now robo after the war between the states Southerns like in Tenn were denied the right to vote if you served in the Confederate Army or any branch of the government. Only freed salves, carpetbaggers and those who did not serve could vote and two thirds of the White male population were not allowed to vote.

I would say a rebellion was in order by any group. Now during the 20th century the Klan was like a local vigilante taking out various degrees of justice on White or Black wrongdoers (rapists, wife beaters, someone who got a girl pregnant and didn't marry her, barn burners, etc.)

I am not saying they were above reproach and in the 60's with the civil rights thing going on they got out of hand there. I was there during this time period and integration wasn't an easy thing to accept if you grew up with segregation back then. Thank you, thank you very much
    We had integration issues in Baltimore, Glenn. We just didn't take the law into our own hands and murder people over things some did not care for.

You seem to be ok with the rest of the world thinking of Georgia and Tennessee as bigoted states full of hateful white people and nothing but criminal negroes, but that just isn't the reality of those states.

Allen West was born in Georgia, and I'll bet no Klanbilly would have tried to go up against him. Herman Cain was born in Tennessee and moved to Georgia. Just think of the loss to society had he been lynched by one of those you hold in such high esteem.

No Glenn, the Klan of your time and mine is nothing but a bunch of cowardly punks full of hatred because of their complete ignorance of humanity and the Christian faith. They are no better then the Black Panthers or radical Muslims.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by CraziFuzzy View Post
    True... God would never condone any sort of violence...
    If you weren't so ignorant of Christianity, you would understand why your snide comment is so pathetic.

Men commit evil by our own process of reasoning. God does not command us to commit violence. The last Word on the subject from God is; Love one another as I love you.

Why do such ill informed people such as yourself constantly spew out such ignorant opinions?

That is a shame!
    The Grand Architect is wise enough to wait until the end before casting judgement. This is why we're all simply apprentices in the grand picture.
    "Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort. The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten" --- John Ruskin

We had integration issues in Baltimore, Glenn. We just didn't take the law into our own hands and murder people over things some did not care for.

You seem to be ok with the rest of the world thinking of Georgia and Tennessee as bigoted states full of hateful white people and nothing but criminal negroes, but that just isn't the reality of those states.

Allen West was born in Georgia, and I'll bet no Klanbilly would have tried to go up against him. Herman Cain was born in Tennessee and moved to Georgia. Just think of the loss to society had he been lynched by one of those you hold in such high esteem.

No Glenn, the Klan of your time and mine is nothing but a bunch of cowardly punks full of hatred because of their complete ignorance of humanity and the Christian faith. They are no better then the Black Panthers or radical Muslims.
    You sure put a lot of falsehoods into what you think I believe in robo. I have never said I approved of the Klan especially during the 20th century. The Klan had elements in it which did commit crimes and others just wanted to raise a little hell.

I have never held them in "high" esteem like you are trying to claim. I did not blame them for rebelling back during reconstruction where ex Confederate soldiers could not vote. And I merely commented on what they did before the civil rights era came on the scene in the late 50's and 60's and you are defaming me for no good reason other than you just must love to do it. I sure would like to know why. One should be able comment on what was going on with out being accused of approving of the Klan. And for your information no one in their right mind holds any negative beliefs about GA and TN. or the South in general.

We are a lot more civilized and respectful than the rest of the nation. I sure wish you would stop inventing things which you think I approve of or believe in. I have never done that to you. It is not a polite thing to do. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

You sure put a lot of hate into what you think I believe in robo. I have never said I approved of the Klan especially during the 20th century. The Klan had elements in it which did commit crimes and others just wanted to raise a little hell.

I have never held them in "high" esteem like you are trying to claim. I did not blame them for rebelling back during reconstruction where ex Confederate soldiers could not vote. And I merely commented on what they did before the civil rights era came on the scene in the late 50's and 60's and you are telling falsehoods and defaming me for no good reason other than you just must love to smear me for some unknown reason.

I sure would like to know why. One should be able comment on what was going on with out being accused of approving of the Klan. And for your information no one in their right mind holds any negative beliefs about GA and TN. or the South in general.

We are a lot more civilized and respectful than the rest of the nation. I sure wish you would stop inventing hateful things which you think I approve of or believe in. I have never done that to you. It is not a polite thing to do. Thank you, thank you very much
    OMG! Here we go again. Are you sure you are not really some kind of overly sensative liberal, Glenn? Geez....you constantly bring up the KKK and never in any negative sense. What does the KKK have to do with this Muslim girl being murdered, other then it's the sort of thing that Klan members would do?

You keep mentioning the original KKK as if the strictly racist revival of the name has anything to do with the origins of the KKK, which they don't. You make all of these racial remarks, and then get your panties in a wad when someone disagrees with your radical South attitude.

What is amazing is that you are no where like this in person.

OMG! Here we go again. Are you sure you are not really some kind of overly sensative liberal, Glenn? Geez....you constantly bring up the KKK and never in any negative sense. What does the KKK have to do with this Muslim girl being murdered, other then it's the sort of thing that Klan members would do?

You keep mentioning the original KKK as if the strictly racist revival of the name has anything to do with the origins of the KKK, which they don't. You make all of these racial remarks, and then get your panties in a wad when someone disagrees with your radical South attitude.

What is amazing is that you are no where like this in person.
    Heck robo I was just commenting on your earlier post in which you implied that the South was being ravaged by the Klan burning out folks and hanging folks because of there color.

This was never true. Yes a few did get murdered but not that many and where it did happen it was over played by the press. I just wanted to set the facts straight from my perspective that's all never meant to imply that I approve of it. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Stoned to death for taking part in a beauty contest. What a waste.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...t-Ukraine.html

One of the killers, a 16 year old boy, has no remorse for taking part in killing this 19 year old girl because that is what he has been taught all of his life.

This kind of teaching must be stopped
    this kind of stuff must stop. my boys are over there, 22 and 20 this sh@@ been going on for ever.Not there war dude get off your a!@ and get over there and stop it Mr.rightous not our friggen problem.A shame,yes but not our problem.
    work to live not live to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturated Suter View Post
    That is a shame!
    The Grand Architect is wise enough to wait until the end before casting judgement. This is why we're all simply apprentices in the grand picture.
    It really is a shame, and in so many different ways. This beautiful young woman was sacrificed for an idealism that can only be bred from evil. Those who murdered this young woman are truly as much victims of Islam as she is. Because of the way they were raised and taught Islamic laws, this young woman's behaviour must have so disgusted and disturbed them that they felt compelled to murder her.

Amazingly, her murder is going to be justified by Muslim law. And if you think this sort of thinking cannot occur in the U.S., you'd best think again. Islamic Sharia law is being allowed to override U.S. law in Muslim issues, even when one party is not Muslim.

Public schools are banning pork products and offices are not allowing ham sandwiches or pork rinds because these things offend Muslims in schools and in the workplace.

Quote Originally Posted by local553 View Post
    this kind of stuff must stop. my boys are over there, 22 and 20 this sh@@ been going on for ever.Not there war dude get off your a!@ and get over there and stop it Mr.rightous not our friggen problem.A shame,yes but not our problem.
    I have my disagreements with robo but not on keeping the terrorist from having a base of operations where they can attack us with impunity. Especially in Afgan. Now I did my part and spent 1 1/2 tours in Nam in combat fighting the commies and I knew I was fighting our enemy even if LBJ didn't want to win it and the Democrats in Congress made us lose.

I have one son who has been to Iraq in the 82nd AB during Operation Iraqi Freedom. He got wounded once and now is an officer in the Army Reserve and may have to go back again so I have a steak in this also. I wish we never messed with Iraq but it is to late now and we can't just turn it over to the terrorists. Disagree yes but be respectful and lay off the trash language it is not acceptable here. Thank you, thank you very much.
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by local553 View Post
    Your particular issues have absolutely nothing to do with the subject matter of this thread. Once again, I thank your boys and pray for their safe return home. I will assume that they don't agree with you either, or else they would not be doing the very most a person can do for our country.

Your admission of not bothering to read what this thread is about is evident since you don't seem to have a clue as to what you are ranting at me about.

I have my disagreements with robo but not on keeping the terrorist from having a base of operations where they can attack us with impunity. Especially in Afgan. Now I did my part and spent 1 1/2 tours in Nam in combat fighting the commies and I knew I was fighting our enemy even if LBJ didn't want to win it and the Democrats in Congress made us lose.

I have one son who has been to Iraq in the 82nd AB during Operation Iraqi Freedom. He got wounded once and now is an officer in the Army Reserve and may have to go back again so I have a steak in this also. I wish we never messed with Iraq but it is to late now and we can't just turn it over to the terrorists. Disagree yes but be respectful and lay off the trash language it is not acceptable here. Thank you, thank you very much.
    I have to agree Glenn. Just because a war is not popular with some folks don't make it an unworthy war. We did not start this war with Islam. In fact, this war was started 1400 years ago and has continued to spread throughout the world ever since. The Islamic war on the world may be slowed for a few decades, as has happened during the 20th Century, but it is a war that has been being waged for many centuries. So, it is unfortunately, our war. Unless we are ready to become part of a culture that can justify murdering women for the slightest thing, this is indeed our war.

Who said anything about turning anything over to terrorist.I am saying someone like robo saying that kind of stuff must stop.That girl new her rules of life is it right i don't think so and yes it a shame,but we should not push our way of living on them.As far as terrorist it should be hiroshema all over again.Now would that be nice we would have a big parking lot over there and all the oil we need.
    work to live not live to work.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast