Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by notsurewhattodo
    isnt this part covered for the life of furance? i bought the house when it was 4yrs now its 8yrs. i live in ontario. how would i go about even finding out if its covered by warrenty? the goodman site is american and only gives a # for american callers? any canadians out there who have dealt with this company?

Goodman's heat exchanger warranty is a limited lifetime warranty, that is honored to the original purchaser of the home. You can contact Goodman with your questions at customerservice@goodmanmfg.com You will need the full model and serial numbers to give them.

what r the signs that there may be a crack in the exchanger? besides a CM leak?

flame roll out, burnt wires, tripping flame roll-out safety, funny noises.

Originally posted by t527ed
    flame roll out, burnt wires, tripping flame roll-out safety, funny noises.
    You left out dead people, lawyers, funerals...

oooooooops sorry

I had a similar situation. Company put in a new furnace, and it failed inspection because there wasn't enough air input into the furnace (laundry) room.

I was forced to remove the solid door between the kitchen and laundry room and put in a louvered door.

-Larry

Originally posted by smertz
    I re read your post after replying and saw that you did put vents in. Good Call. They still may not be enough. There is a relationship between btu's consumed and open air space between furnace and outside.

Did problems start after you enclosed furnace?

That "Red Tag" talk makes me think you was a Navy Guy at one time

-Larry

Originally posted by dnt
    Sounds like it could be a bad HX? Here is whattodo - First Red tag the unit out of service (lockout tagout) then have a Pro check your unit for a bad HX or other problems before even considering using it again. Supplemental whattodo check your Smoke and CO detectors to make sure they are operational and call your local fire protection company and have your house professionally sprinkled. No joke a gas furnace can and will kill you dead! it happens fairly regular but only in onesys and twosys so never front page news unless it is a celebrity or something, don't let it happen to your family, take personal responsibilty CALL A PRO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12