Maytag

Thread: Maytag

Who makes Maytag equipment? Relative order in quality?
    thanks

Nordyne makes Maytag. Quality of any unit is only as good as the installer. Have been dealing Nordyne for years and happy with the product. Good warranty.
    Its a good Life!

I believe its Nordyne. I was offered the line and looking at the equipment it appeared to be rather cheaply built with a nice stainless door. I could be wrong about the quality but thats my opinion.
    Proud supporter of Springfield Millers and Oregon Ducks.

nordyne website has no mention of maytag.
    There top line is Westinghouse, frigidare, tappen?
    gn

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Originally posted by gencon
    nordyne website has no mention of maytag.
    There top line is Westinghouse, frigidare, tappen?
    gn
    that's likely because they don't want you to know,Maytag is the same,with a SS cabinet,at a higher cost,using mainly the Maytag name,to imply high quality.

Does anyone know if Maytag's M1010 80% variable speed furnaces have the motor ramping capabilities that a manufacturer like Lennox does? They really did not show it so I was wondering if they just go to 100% or something else?

They have variable speed availiable in all models. You can go to maytaghvac.com to view. Very well built, quiet units. Not sure where the guys above get there opinions but we have had no problems thus far.
    Its a good Life!

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Originally posted by m kilgore
    They have variable speed availiable in all models. You can go to maytaghvac.com to view. Very well built, quiet units. Not sure where the guys above get there opinions but we have had no problems thus far.
    Tell us whats different than the other Nordyne products.

Yes the M1010 80% furnace has dip switches to adjust cfm on Variable Speed motors. No they are not quiet. I had many complaints on the noise they made actually. I guess it wouldn't be much different than other furnaces with the same configuration at the same cfm. Maytag would probably cost you more for a stainless steel shell though. If you like shiny stuff and don't mind spending more money. Go for it. I get my opinions from being a Maytag authorized dealer and working on them.

I know that the Lennox G60UHV has dip switches to set 4 different ramping options. For example, the factory selection is 50% for 1/2 minute, 82% for 7 1/2 minutes, if necessary then 100% until temperature is achieved, then 50% for 1/2 minute to ramp down. You can even set it to do 100% right away when turning on and off. Does the Maytag M1010 offer alternate ramping options? If not, do you know what their ramping sequence is?

Maytag

Maytag's reputation of rock solid dependability has become somewhat of a myth. All you have to do is check out a Consumer's Report sometime.

IMO- It is nothing but a marketing ploy. Take a low level line, wrap stainless steel around it, give a big warranty, and charge an astronomical price.

But then again, there will always be that buying sector that puts flash over content.

A stainless steel cabinet on a furnace makes about as much sense as those 20" wheels that keep spinning when the overweight, overpriced, pimp-mobile comes to a stop. :-)

Best regards...

Originally posted by drose
    I know that the Lennox G60UHV has dip switches to set 4 different ramping options. For example, the factory selection is 50% for 1/2 minute, 82% for 7 1/2 minutes, if necessary then 100% until temperature is achieved, then 50% for 1/2 minute to ramp down. You can even set it to do 100% right away when turning on and off. Does the Maytag M1010 offer alternate ramping options? If not, do you know what their ramping sequence is?
    From my experience working with the Maytag Variable Speed motors you can't set those options like you are talking about with the Lennox. The furnace does all that itself. All you can do is select the cfm.

Maytag must be hurting some peoples market share to have such thoughts about it. The main difference between the Maytag 1010 and other Nordyne products is the 10 year parts and labor warranty. I believe thats where the most of the cost increases come from. The stainless looks good and there is a swept wing fan blade and sound blanket. Otherwise its the same as any other Nordyne product.

True to fact the Maytag name seems to sell itself alot. I have even sold some of those stainless furnaces because it matches their diswasher. Go figure.

I will not defend Nordyne on this site. It just so happens that is what I like and sell. We don't have the option to sell the 3 big name units in this area so Maytag is a good fit for us. Sounds like in other areas you can buy and sell whatever brand you want to. I am not so sure I would switch if I could.
    Its a good Life!