+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Minivans

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes
    I will be shopping for a newer (used) mini soon I think I am leaning away from a Chrysler and twords a Chevy venture, If you had to buy one soon what would you buy ?
    Still learning opinions welcome.

Post Likes

Which one makes the best mileage/????

I'm lookin too.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes

This is the new Honda Element we bought. 4WD ac auto power steering. I just had a HD ladder rack put on it. Shown is an 8FT ladder. As near as I can figure we got 29 mph so far.

The recovery cyclinder shows the size of the cargo area.

Our company is at a size when one of the full size vans always needs tires or something. This is the right size to take a tech through the day. I am going to use it for sales calls instead of my big (10 mpg) pick-up. Also good for running parts. With the 2 back seats installed four guys can ride in it comfortably. The 2 back seats come right out of the vehicle.

[Edited by benncool on 09-08-2005 at 03:37 PM]

Post Likes
    I thought the ladder and tank were so there was no argument with write ooffs.

"no, here, a picture of the equipment I carry, thats not personal"

Post Likes
    That is simply gay. But by Vermont standards it's probably John Wayne

Post Likes
    oh no, here we go again. after the Scion thread in the wall of shame, everyone should have learned that we should never discuss the use of any vehicle besides a conventional full size van as a service vehicle. any other vehicle is extremely unprofessional and will result in your company going bankrupt within 2 months.

as for the origional question on what minivan to buy, im not to familiar with the features of the new ones, but ive got a 96 caravan with 200,000 miles. mechanically its been great, but it has had a couple electrical issues. my friend has a 98 chevy with 160,000 miles an it has been pretty good too. no electrical problems, but the engine is getting noisy, and will probably need a rebuild in 20k or so. neither vehicle has ever left us stranded or had to be towed. in the current models, chryler has two rows of fold into the floor seats. i don't know about chevy.

Post Likes
    That LP/Recovery tank looks perdy manly. If I were in Vermont, I would have 5 in my ride

Post Likes
    If you plan on using only as a sales vehicle you may want to trick it out, like "THE GEEK SQUAD" VW's that Best Buy uses. You can't miss those little suckers

Post Likes
    I've always been a Ford man but I have to admit the Chevy Lumia APV that the wife has, has been a very dependable ride. Very comfy as well.

Post Likes
    I was talking grocery getter, I have a 96 voyager and it is giving me fits right now, 160k if it is not fixed soon I will have to replace it, the trans control is not communicating with everything else, i am on my fourth shop and i am into it for 720 so far, i figure the value at 2k, it is getting time to cut it loose, did i mention i just put 500 into the ac system! benny's ride looks a little gay but, practical!
    Still learning opinions welcome.

Post Likes
    I had a Crysler T&C and the gas milage sucked eggs. I like the Chevy way better for reliability and gas milage.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in