I hope someone can help me. I just had a new high efficiency York Affinity furnace installed with a York 3S 13 seer AC unit. The furnace was installed on the first floor (as I have no basement) with two 2 1/2" PVC pipes coming out the side wall of my house for intake and outtake. My problem is that the pipes are about 10 feet off the ground between the first and second floor and stick out like a sore thumb on the side of the house. The two PVC pipes exit the top of the furnace and run 8 feet straight out (in the ceiling) and then exit the side of the house. The first pipe has a PVC 90% elbow joint attached to it pointing down and the second pipe has a PVC 90% elbow pointing up with a 12" straight piece of PVC pipe and the ends with another PVC 90% elbow pointing out away from the house. If it helps the pipes are 8" apart horizontally where they exit the side of the house before the PVC elbows are attached. I have contacted my installer but he says all I can do is paint the PVC to make it blend into the house better but I am looking for a more aesthetically pleasing solution. Is there a vent kit I can but and install for these pipes or is there any other solution someone could suggest. I have read through many of your threads and can tell that there is a wealth of knowledge and experience in this forum. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

There is a device called a concentric vent termination kit. I feel they are often more pleasing to the eye than two pipes sticking through a wall or roof. You may ask the installing firm to show you one of these. I'm not gifted enough with words to describe them well and do not have a photo to attach handily. Greg

Sounds like a typical termination.

Painting would do alot to improve your "eye sore".

They have already put them in as factory intended, you don't want any more holes in the structure.

Trust your installer and paint them

If you try to fail, and succeed.
    Which have you done ?

There is a concentric vent kit that MAY be able to be installed
    With that being said it only uses one hole going outside so you would have to patch a hole

And the can not be used in every application

Only thing to do is ask your contractor if it is a possible solution

Thanks for the advice. I do not mind cutting new holes in the side of the house or even taking the siding down (and the particle board if necessary) and diverting the pipes downward if that is possible. I do not object to the configuration of the pipes but there location are less than optimal. My house was sided last year and I have plenty of left over tyvek and siding to make any necessary repairs. Is it possible to simply route the pipe down the wall 5 or 6 feet and then come out with the same confiquration. I apologize as I the PVC pipe size is 2" not 2 1/5 ". I also failed to mention that the furnace size is 100,000 BTUH if that makes any difference. Thanks again for reading my rambling and posting your replies.

No, the PVC can not go down the wall. It must be sloped back to the furnace to work properly. With it being that high up I am not sure why they snorkled the exaust. Could be that manufactures instructs it. We just take the exaust out strait unless below snow level. A concentric kit may work if joists run the right way although I once had a homeowner tell me it looced like cow utters on the side of the house. Looks are in the eye of the beholder I guess.
    Its a good Life!

Thanks for the reply. You got me thinking and I checked the York web site and traced down the Affinity Technical Guide. They offer both a 2" Concentric Vent Kit and a Sidewall Ventilation Kit. I will explore these options. As for the joints I do not believe they are a problem as the two pipes run inside two ceiling joints and then go through the particle board and siding. What would be the difference between the concentric vent kit and the sidewall ventilation kit? From what I have read I believe the concentric ventilation kit allows the two pipes to "join" inside the house and exit through one hole to the outside and the ventilation kit covers the two pipes on the outside. Am I getting that right or am I still confused?

Sounds like you have a handle on it with your description of the two options. If you think it looks better order up the concentric termination, you may need a qualified installer to put it in depending on the inspection requirments in your area. Make sure to read the installation instructions to verify the size of the pipe required. 100,000 btu on 2" pipe is pretty marginal depending on how many elbows are used. Stay within the manufacturer guidlines and you will be ok.
    "Go big or Go Home"

if you have a stright shot to the roof you can repipe it to the roof