Okay I'm sorry. I had to do some learning. Mary Lou has a new camera and it was tricky trying to figure out how to get them here. But better late than never.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~

This is Fort Mc Henry where the Star Spangled Banner still standing after a British attack in the War of 1812. Francis Scott Key was inspired to write a poem which eventually became the National Anthem.

On the orginial spot the flag mast was rebuilt in 1985 to the exact replica.

I was guarding the Fort while some others was guarding the Hard Rock Cafe.

No Fort would be complete without the War Department.

Re-enactors.

An air conditioning contractor rams it home.

A good time was had by all in attendence.

[Edited by benncool on 09-07-2005 at 08:59 PM]

How is that configured, it looks like grass on the roof or is it earth built up that high behind the wall ?

Geez, I should have gone with you that way I could have stopped you from dressing up like a women and scaring that little girl. Is that why they had to lock you up?

We did want to go there but there are only so many hours in a day and we spent them in Washington.

We enjoyed our time in Baltimore and would recommend it to people for sure. Or maybe it was the great people that we were there with??

I cant wait till next year mmmmmm crab cakes.

[Edited by vmc1161 on 09-08-2005 at 08:47 AM]
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

I would have liked to see that too, but I slept in and then spent most of the day on a very slow boat trying to get something to eat somewhere. I did get some new el-cheapo reading glasses though.
    Nice pics, VMC is just jealous.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

I got some more pix that I'll try to load on to the site tonight. They are of you guys. I have my priorities, ya know.

Originally posted by gruvn
    How is that configured, it looks like grass on the roof or is it earth built up that high behind the wall ?

Those brick vaulted roofs were 4 ft thick then covered with earth. This is were they stored the cannon powder.

They had on display the bombs that didn't "bust in the air".
    Cross beams from the orginial flag mast. The actual bill signed by President Hoover that made the "Star Spangled Banner" the national Antheim. Really some awesome stuff to see.

Originally posted by Diceman
    I would have liked to see that too, but I slept in and then spent most of the day on a very slow boat trying to get something to eat somewhere. I did get some new el-cheapo reading glasses though.
    Nice pics, VMC is just jealous.

I am jealous did you see those legs?
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Why'd they make you wear that funny outfit Jerry? Were you gonna do some cooking?????
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Thanks for the info Been, that interesting stuff.

Great pics Jerry. It's good to see someone who really enjoys American history experiencing Fort McHenry.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Originally posted by spotts

Why'd they make you wear that funny outfit Jerry? Were you gonna do some cooking?????
    Yeah she is one bad looking momma!
    Q. How ugly was she?
    A. She looked like beencool in drag.