+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What do you think-New Orleans

Post Likes
    Now they are authorized to force the remaining residents out of their homes. I think it sucks myself. I was glad to hear that the military and the National Guard said they wouldn't do it as it wasn't part of their orders. If they want to stay, LET THEM STAY-IT'S THEIR HOME!!!!!

Post Likes
    Have not made up my mind about. Only thing is tho, that A-hole Mayor is the one that gave the order.

Post Likes
    As sad as it is our government thinks they have the right to protect us from ourselves I think it is total b.s.

If they want to stay let them stay (but not go out of there way to get supplies to them)

It is the same as the stupid seat belt laws and people suing cigarette companies
    Or even worse fast food places

It comes down to taking responsibility for our own actions and the government should make us do that (by outlawing lawsuits for stupidity)

But unfortunately they think it is there place to keep us safe from ourselves

Post Likes
    Originally posted by dhvac
    As sad as it is our government thinks they have the right to protect us from ourselves I think it is total b.s.

If they want to stay let them stay (but not go out of there way to get supplies to them)

It is the same as the stupid seat belt laws and people suing cigarette companies
    Or even worse fast food places

It comes down to taking responsibility for our own actions and the government should make us do that (by outlawing lawsuits for stupidity)

But unfortunately they think it is there place to keep us safe from ourselves
    Good points dhvac, but when the people go back in and IF the levy was to rupture again, who do you think would get the blame and the responsibility to rescue them ?

Post Likes
    Uncle Sam sometimes gets it right

IF the water is as polluted as they say and if.....

too many ifs....

The government will have to do a house by house search to locate bodies, looters, injured people. Then who will pay for treatment of illnesses caused by the pollution? The government will get blamed and sued because they did not follow thru with evac orders etc.

A million people have been affected and moved, what's a few thousand more?

Post Likes
    i heard the fish are jumping out of that sess pool on to
    land.and a few people have died from infected cuts.
    they gota get out.

Post Likes

Who is in charge?

http://www.cnn.com/video/

While there click on the search bar: Lake Pontchartrain
    A whole ecosystem and millions of dollars in improvements are going to waste. It'll be a cesspool now.

But our leaders in Washington did save a couple of billion dollars by putting off levee funding. And that money was needed elsewhere where we are rebuilding something.

Wish my old social studies teacher was still around to tell me again about isolationism of the twenties and thirties. That might be the right path to take now.

[Edited by MikeJ on 09-08-2005 at 01:48 PM]

Post Likes
    Originally posted by bb

Good points dhvac, but when the people go back in and IF the levy was to rupture again, who do you think would get the blame and the responsibility to rescue them ?

This is where you let stupid people pay for their own actions

Make them know if they stay they are on there own

And let the people know that if you truly want to be free then you must help to take care of yourself

As far as them getting sick let them pay for it because they would have been warned if they can’t pay then maybe they will want to leave

But this is what I mean by taking responsibility for there own actions

Post Likes
    move them out in this case. no electric for months, no clean water.Dead bodies floating around, high temps and humidity. I wouldn't want to leave if I had my home to protect, but sometimes you just got to go. This is no like any other disaster we have ever had. Its been a week and don't have any idea how many people are dead yet.
    there but for the grace of god, go all of us

Post Likes
    Caos is right. Cop friend of mine spent a week in Gulfport and said you don't have to hunt for bodies...they find you. The stench is really bad. I can only imagine NO is worse. It is definitely a health issue. How long do you let someone endanger themselves? Who is responsible if they are allowed to stay and then they develop a terminal illness due to the pollution? I can see lawyers having a heyday with this.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Post Likes
    they dont want anyone there because they will have to check back on them, wasting resources.

I say if they want to stay mark the house as checked and dont go back.

Why should the rescue teams have to keep going into that mess because of ones stupidity

They will get sick like the rest

Apparently there is a toxic dump under part of NO that was built over, all that is now coming up

What will happen to the waters in the lake where they are pumping the dirty water to, are they creating another disaster?

Post Likes
    What will happen to the waters in the lake? First the fish will die by the thousands, tens of thousands...

It will be years before it can be a lake again. sad.

http://www.cnn.com/video/

While there click on the search bar: Lake Pontchartrain
    A whole ecosystem and millions of dollars in improvements are going to waste. It'll be a cesspool now.

[Edited by MikeJ on 09-08-2005 at 01:49 PM]

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in