Happy Friday: Let's play guess the component!

Soooooooooooooooooooo....what the is it?

It apparently doesn't mix well with an EAC because the one in this side of the unit arcs off like crazy when turned on. It looks like there's a copper water line coming in and there are two lines with three nozzles on each line. What did this used to do?

Any guesses?
    "It's not an OLD unit, it's a testament to old school manufacturing of quality over quantity." http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/m...608_092209.jpg

BTW, if you have an Android phone, and you want to upload pics to someplace useful to get photos easily linked here, go do photobucket and get the Android app!
    "It's not an OLD unit, it's a testament to old school manufacturing of quality over quantity." http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/m...608_092209.jpg

Waterwash EAC?

air washer?
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

That's what I was wondering at first, if it was some kind of predecessor to the EAC, kind of like an air washer? Or if it literally used water jets to clean some kind of foam core media filter?

I've seen one or two of those (I think) It looks like a precurser to modern Electronic air cleaners. The first ones had a washable media filter, and water jets that would spray the medai to automatically clean it on a set time table. Apparently the inventors felt that most homeowners would be to lazy to remove and clean the filter media themselves, so they made the machine do it.

Whatever it is, I would definitely not use it, someone might get mad.

My grandfather on rare occasions involving Yukon Jack, would sometimes speak of EAC 11, swearing he did all he could to warn them.
    Never argue with a crazy man.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Waterwash EAC?
    That's what it is. They were built back in the late 60's when the EAC where kind on in the invention stage. Customers would complain about having to clean the cells every month so some manufacturers invented in place cell cleaners.

Problem with the residential ones is you needed a floor drain near by and most homes didn't have them. Second was the cost. Very expensive for those days.

They didn't really sell because of the cost plus they were a maintenance headache to boot.

They came in residential and some commercial applications. Use to see some in office buildings way back when.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Yeah DT, and I could see why the maintenance was such a pain in the testicles!

Water nozzles in an area with high counts of lime, the drain pan was rusted out, and it looked like it hasn't been touched in 30 years.

So kudos to you sir, I got to learn a bit today...that was interesting...damn shame their EAC was arcing like hell. But at least there was a filter!

Its a sex machine used to measure the intensity of an orgasm.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....