Thread: Siemens Alarms

Does anyone know how to clear active alarms?? I'm showing 6 points in my Alarm Status window that are no longer in alarm. These points were acknowledged while in alarm and now I can't get rid of them. I can delete them, but everytime I restart Insight they come back. I tried deleting the system activity log, but that didn't help. I am absoultly positive they are no longer in alarm; when I run a Panel Point Log on them, they come up with the -N- (Normal) priority. Thanks for any help.
    Still learning....

try erasing the acknowledged points

I can delete them. They are already acknowledged. The problem is when I restart Insight they come back. They show that they are still in alarm, but they are not, and that they are acknowledged. All I have to do is delete them and they go away until I restart Insight again. It's annoying because some of them page and confuse whoever has the pager.
    Still learning....

If the points are still in the database, just force them in manual alarm with the Commander application, then release them to normal condition. You shoud be able to acknowledge and delete them after that.

Thanks ynut204, that fixed the problem.
    Still learning....