Pets are not welcome here - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Good for you three. I hope 30 others send something today.
    I am moved by all that I have heard and seen on tv. I also just heard somethings about animals on the news and started thinking...so I posted.

Things are a bit tough here. Less hours after the heat wave stopped then got layed off last month. I am writing a check for $25 and sending it the Humane Society.

James: From a recent post of yours:
    just met for about 2 hours with my friend and Senator from this district. Over a couple of BBQ dinners we discuss the legwork for a bill making a mandatory by law the evacuation plan for coastal Georgia and the utilization of school busses, a driver roster and all tax payer assets....

A good step to take...hope Katrina's aftermath will help making new guidelines for your state. Get a paragraph in about pets and pet owner's plights.

From recent news report on my comcast homepage:

New Orlean's Holdouts Coaxed from Homes:

....Dolores Devron and her husband, Forcell, finally agreed to go. Dolores Devron said she was relieved the couple were allowed to take their dog with them but angry they were ordered out.

I'm not anti-dog... I have two myself... :-)

I would gladly foster one or two dogs from the disaster zone in my own house until their owners can get back on their feet... Does anyone know of any nationwide pet fostering program for the Katrina pets??

Having said that - humans first. What woud YOU do if they rescuers told you that you can't get on the rescue boat because there's a German Shepard sitting in the last seat... "There'll probably be another boat by here in the next day or two."

If it was me personaly I would say see you in a few days. If it was my daughter I would feel different but would look for a different solution. There has to be one. Its not so much that they want you to leave your pet behind, its that they want to force you to leave your pet behind. Our dogs are part of our family and I would NOT leave without them even at gunpoint.
    We have been donating for years. Wife sent more yesterday and more will follow. I would also be willing to house some of these animals.
    Its a good Life!

I don't see how you can love and take care of something, make sure it is healthy and safe and then be expected when you are needed in it's life the most, to say "fu*k you" .

I'm not put together like that. I don't need their shelter that bad. I spent 53 days in the Mojave desert. N.O would be a breeze

Originally posted by James 3528

I would feel just the opposite if they left them behind. The people were told to leave. The pets knew no better.
    I couldn't agree more. I was just thinking about this today.
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

Originally posted by MikeJ
    Just typed in Katrina and Pets in a search engine and found this:

https://secure.hsus.org/01/disaster_relief_fund_2005?

Worth reading. Looks like it is under the Humane society of the United States.
    Just made my donation. Thanks for the link!
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

They are a source of protein. If dog is slow cooked, it the texture won't be stringy.

Always a ******* around.

Tragedies bring out the worst and best in all of us.

Get over the self-rightous opinion of yourself. One of the things I was taught during my 21 years of military service was not to overlook a source of food. Try jungle survival sometime. Don't discount cat, rat or your favorite little bunny rabbit too. There are people refusing to leave New Orleans so they will need a source of food. Can't eat good intentions.

Yes...And I am sure they will come here looking for your advice on cooking dogs. You made an ass out of yourself , just let it go at that.

Too many G's at MACH 5 eh.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast