Mayor Nagin "Get off their asses"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

If the mayor were in NO at the time the storm hit maybee he could have directed some kind of bus ride , but he was in baton rouge and had no idea what the conditions were like untill he tried to return the following day...and then couldnt. and by the time he was able to return the levee had broken and all of those buses were under water, and we all know by now that it was the white man that didnt do enough , soon enough.

If he hadnt been hiding, things wouldnt have been nearly as bad and he could have used those buses

he couldnt give direction to a dog, and now he is being a yes man to someone that knows how to take charge

My two cents

This rant is directed to the people who will never read this post.)The media and some select elected officials.(

I am so sick and tired of the coverage from the nay sayers trying to blame the white community for not acting because these were poor blacks.

First of all I do agree the government dragged their feet. I do not belive it was on purpose. But don't we run across this kind of government incompentence on an almost daily basis? Too big to inept. No excuses for them they blew it. If in doubt ever tried to deal with the IRS on tax laws?

The Senator from Ga. (David Scott) is an Afro American. He said that if this were white people this (evacuation / recovery) would never have happened the way it unfolded. Duh I see all races on TV that are hurting. (I also wrote him a searing e-mail and told him he is a racist and he is fueling hate which we don't need. And that he is dead wrong). I know when I gave my money to the Red Cross none of it stipulated white only. And I see all races and creeds working to help out.

Secondly, why in the "F" didn't the black mayor get these people out? He had school buses, taxi cabs, government cars, and other modes at his disposal. Did he or the Governor ever get on TV pre-disaster and say look we need to evacuate everyone BEFORE it hits? PLEASE HELP US NOW!!!!!!! My thinking is it was too big of a deal to comprehend (or execute) just like post hurricane. (And I support what the Mayor said in his rant... we need help now....stop having press conferences ... people are dying. Right on and I wish him God speed in what he said he was right.

Last of all and I despise this man for some very solid business reasons. Jessie the jerk Jackson is a nin komput. A racist of the worse kind. He needs to shut his mouth up and be a part of the solution. Hate=hate=hate.

I will praise Andrew Young in that on CNN he gave an account for how the blacks ended up in poverty at least in New Orleans. He started back in the 1940's when farming was changing and people moved to the cities. These people had no money, no education, and so on and so on. I thought well said I did not know this. He did not condemn anyone just stated a historical fact.

If you made it this far sorry for the rant. The last thing we need in the USA is more hate.

Our Black politicians in Georgia are pure entertainment.

Cynthia McKenny LOL

100 per bus???

If the buses had only made one trip out loaded with people, there's 14000 fewer people would have been in the flood. Plus the buses wouldn't have been ruined. Doesn't any body down there think??? Sometimes when I look at our elected officials I think that democracy has gone too far in this country.
    eventu rerum stolidi didicere magistro

First of all I do agree the government dragged their feet. I do not belive it was on purpose.

no the govt did not drag their feet, THE MAYOR DID!

before anyone could do anything it is up to the mayor to request help from the state

he wasnt in new orleans to request that help untill late the day after the hurricane hit, and he didnt make the declration for aid from the state untill the second day

THAT WAS THE DELAY!
    and when help did finally arrive they started shooting at them and half of the police force ran away , so the aid stopped before it started
    that delayed things again, and whitey wasnt shooting

but he cant accept that responsibility on his own so White america did it!

He has blamed the state , he has blamed the govt, he has blamed the president , but never accepted responsibility for things getting so bad

it sure is funny that they all want the white money

What is ironic here is that they want to shut down Bourbon Street with a few thosand people on it. They don't waste any time. Horse mounted cops driving your ass away.

What would have been Ironic, was if they had built a high road to the superdome with a parking lot nig enough to park 300 buses, so that when they use it as a safe site, they would be able to get the people out after it was over, wow, I think a couple of million dollars could have came with that idea,

Why? Why not just use the 6 million dollars worth of school buses to get people out of town that are now worth about $600

Hey James,
    I'm sure you heard that the city actually had an evacuation plan AND those exact same buses were part of that plan !
    (Hence the pictures!)
    Could find the info if you wanted it. (Never Mind !, Just saw your other post !)

[Edited by hvacprodmgr on 09-06-2005 at 05:57 PM]

Originally posted by hvacprodmgr
    Hey James,
    I'm sure you heard that the city actually had an evacuation plan AND those exact same buses were part of that plan !
    (Hence the pictures!)
    Could find the info if you wanted it.
    Some thing like this? http://www.hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthr...threadid=83865

Yeah, that's the one

Looks like them buses are the hot topic on the news now...Did you have anything to do with that James?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast