Results 1 to 13 of 14
09-07-2005, 01:08 AM #1Professional Member
- Join Date
- Jul 2005
Man Survives Being Shocked By 2,000 Volts
POSTED: 6:22 pm EDT September 6, 2005
MOORCROFT, Wyo. -- A worker survived being shocked by 2,000 volts of electricity for about 30 seconds. John Zimmerschied, 35, of Moorcroft, was working inside an electrical box when the accident happened about 9:30 a.m. Friday, Sheriff's Cpl. Eric Hyland said.
A colleague working nearby heard Zimmerschied grunt and pulled him from the box using a pair of electrician's gloves, Hyland said.
Zimmerschied was still attached to the current, so the other worker used a fiberglass pole to disconnect fuses in the box, Hyland said.
Emergency workers flew Zimmerschied to Casper for treatment. He had a 3-inch cut on the left side of his head and a 1 1/2-inch burn on the right, Hyland said.
Zimmerschied was back home Saturday and, aside from some sore muscles, he was pretty much back to normal.
Zimmerschied said he can't remember what led to his near electrocution, although he's been told that he stubbed his toe and fell on a wire. He said he doesn't even remember leaving the office that morning.
But he's already planning on returning to his job.
"It's just one of them things," Zimmerschied said. "I'm just lucky to be alive, I guess."
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press.73% of Americans say that illegal immigration is a problem. The other 27% say, "No habla inglis!"