Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ascj View Post
    I don't know what you have? Model numbers would help. You state industrial chillers......so I'll assume 500tons plus.

So your suppose to FIX the units you have? So straight out of school, you're suppose to maintain and fix these chillers, by yourself with no assistance? Wow....good luck with that. No wonder that last guy got thrown out.

hmmm maybe not 500 tons but I'ma take my guess at no more than 300tons for the whole ship, I asked the guy myself what he had if it was an absorption system and what tonnage it was and he just kinda looked at me like 0.o lol he said he wasnt sure what tonnage it was but that it's big and that he just knows how to fix it. its all pure preventive maintenance im sure so no fixing yet... ill find out more info and drop it here. I start this monday

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthington View Post
    Hmmmm, I'm thinking I am in pickle jar, with no way out.........

Sure hope you did not over sell yourself here
    haha I was totally honest with everything I said to the man. He knows I'm just comming out of school and I told him I had no field experience but that I'm willing to learn and am motivated to work in this field and to be honest I never expected a call back from them. I scratched them off. I told myself I'd crap my pants if they called me back because its really like... WOW i have to maintain THAT ?? where do i start ?? O_O

Quote Originally Posted by cool_aid_nyc View Post
    haha I was totally honest with everything I said to the man. He knows I'm just comming out of school and I told him I had no field experience but that I'm willing to learn and am motivated to work in this field and to be honest I never expected a call back from them. I scratched them off. I told myself I'd crap my pants if they called me back because its really like... WOW i have to maintain THAT ?? where do i start ?? O_O
    You're all good then, just keep on reading and succeeding

good luck lol .... ur nuts if u ask me but if they knew u had no experience I suppose that's their problem

Question

What kind of equipmennt do you have?
    "My hands are for sale"

You better get your post count up and apply for pro membership. Your gonna need technical help.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

Quote Originally Posted by Texas-Tech View Post
    You better get your post count up and apply for pro membership. Your gonna need technical help.
    and put a freekin' email addy in that profile
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

I've always wanted to be an ER dr. this thread has inspired me to send a resume

Inspired me as well , however Just when I figured out what I want to do after I retire they CANCELLED the Space Shuttle Program.

Quote Originally Posted by mrhvacmechanic View Post
    What kind of equipmennt do you have?
    nothing but a good ol' fieldpiece meter and a bag with a couple of hand tools and guages.

I will definitly report back tomorrow aftenoon on the model of both chillers.
    at this moment i dont know if they are air-cooled or not. it would be easier for me if they are... but ill ask as many questions tomorrow as necessary related to their system.

Ok, am I really seeing this?? Yes most large chillers are the simplest form of the refrigeration cycle out there, but this seems to be a kid as green as the midwest prairie! If they give you no assistance, that means no training. School is NOT experience. If they are throwing you on your own with that type of equipment, which still is to be determined your likely to kill yourself. I would tell them you are in over your head. But then again you may not have described your position thoroughly either. It would just boggle my mind that they would throw you to the wolves with an electrical device of that size...

Pretty sure they have water cooled equipment. I think theres a tower over on the dock somewhere. You're probably going to be doing belts, filters,greasings etc. Highly doubt that you'll be in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by timmy2734 View Post
    Pretty sure they have water cooled equipment. I think theres a tower over on the dock somewhere. You're probably going to be doing belts, filters,greasings etc. Highly doubt that you'll be in charge.
    yeah their main cooling comes from the 2 chillers that they have. 1 runs on a certain time schedule and when that one shuts off, chiller 2 comes on. the main deck underneath the flight deck has about 15-20 air handlers. why ? i dunno lol not all of them are on at the same time though. their mostly all backups while only 5 of them are used. about 90% of their equipment is carrier. someone had written in their log book that the chiller is an absorption type but it doesnt seem like one. i tried browsing on the carrier website for the model number but it doesnt show up and google doesnt pick up any matches either.

their log book states both chillers as -

model # 165B036-11199

SN # 19-92982

and the reason why the guy chose me, he explained it like this....

"there were alot of guys way more qualified for this job than you, but the reason why i chose you is because your fresh outta school, your young, motivated and you havent picked up any bad habbits of the field"

hes a marine corps guy so i guess thats how they do.

that made me feel alot better bout the job and he is willing along with his partner to show me how the stuff works.

but yeah any info on that model and serial ??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast