Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trane 2 stage

I am in need of a new furnace soon, and was interested in the Trane 2 stage variable speed. On there website they list the btu for each stage. would I add them togeather to get the max capacity? example: if stage one is 31,200 and stage two is 48,000 , is the total output 79,200 or is it less than the sum?

Senior Tech Guest
    80,000 Btu total input (At 80% efficiency would be 64,000 output).

if you get 2 stage, 2nd wont fire unless it gets really chill in your house. the heat will run longer but it will be a cooler heat. it will heat the house wery well. kinda like food in the microwave versus crock pot. the crocker tastes better cause it cooked longer and was evenly heated

Yes when both stages are on, your output would be 79,200. A single stage furnace puts out its maximum BTU no matter how cold it is outside, so it will cycle on and off more often to maintain your set temp. A two stage furnace will only ran at max capacity on the coldest days, which it would be firing both stages. In this way you get less temp swing. Like mr hvac said it will run longer and evenly heated.

I have the Trane XV90 in our house, and two stage is great..

Much more even temp in the house.. neighbor across the streeet has the same lay out as our house, and all of our room was warm, where thier house was hot and cold in diffrent rooms..

To get the best results of two stage system is get a two stage t-stat.

The rating you seee if what it is on low stage.. then high.. Don't add both low and high to get your total.

That sounds like a 80% 60K furnace. No you don't add them together. Total output is the high fire output.

Senior Tech Guest
    After looking on Tranes website Loonie is correct 47,000 output total on 60,000 btu furnace.

Sounds like a 60,000 Btu furnace. 80% furnace High fire will get you 48,000 Btu's, Low fire (1st stage) is at 65% capacity of 48,000 which will give you 31,200 Btu's.
    But if possible go with a 2stage T-stat.
    Trane 2stage VS systems are very nice! Quiet and reliable. All my customers love it.

customers love the system because it cuts on gas and electric somewhat, i think its mostly the quality of the system. it heats and cools very thoroughly and quietly.

Originally posted by Chill
    Yes when both stages are on, your output would be 79,200.
    Is that right? The others differ..

Cool

hey you may want to wait trane is coming out with a 3 stage furnace soon!

sounds good what are they calling it and whats the efficiency?

Cool

sorry no details, but a month ago i was at a service school and the instructer mentioned it should be out soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast