Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    just thinking of it.... how long ago were the Mister Magoo cartoons with Jim Bacuss AKA MR howl. I watched them as a kid but not sure how young I was.

Originally posted by gruvn
    Another sad sad day for a family who has seen so much sorrow in recent years, Bob ( Gilligan ) Denver dies at age of 70,Oh I can remember running home after school to adjust the uhf converter and rabbit ears hoping to get a good enough picture to see the line-up of Gilligans Island, Bat Man & Robin and then Ultra man.Just hearing of his untimely passing takes me back in time. No, Bob was not the great singer and in hindsight wasn't even a very good actor.He was a mild mannered comedic man, who loved the great outdoors. A trait which ran through the blood of his family, Bob lived out the end of his life in the beautiful state of West Virginia, a state that John found so beautiful that he wrote about it in a song named Almost Heavan West Virginia.Did these two guys define an era or what? It's so sad that they are both gone now, the world will never be the same. JMHO

OMG! You really think they were related??????
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Talking Re: John Denver

No relation to Bob. Johns real name was John Deutchendorf
    RAM Teaching Tomorrows Technicians Today.

I cant believe he was 70. Kinda grew up watching that show, loved it... Imagine being on that island with those 2 wonen, heck not even any competition!!!
    You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel...

http://rapalaguy.spaces.live.com/

Russel Johnson(the Professor) wrote a pretty good book about the behind the scenes production of Gilligans Island. One thing that I watch for in the opening credits is to see the flags flying at half mast. That shot was filmed on November 22, 1963. Also, on the original pilot, when they are all waking up after the beaching of the S.S. Minnow, in the background you get a glimps of a 1953 DeSoto rusting away. The book is filled with all sorts of trivia and things to watch for that the editors missed.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

Don't forget "Flipper"

Smile I heard

That in all of these years, Mary Ann and John were best of friends. John was busted a couple of years ago when Mary Ann sent him some pot in the mail. John had cancer. I heard that the marijuana would ease the effects of chemo therapy. If that was to happen to my wife I would get her some also. I love my wife. Roy

Too bad he's gone watched a lot of Gilligan's Island back in the pre-reality TV days.
    “Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own." Scott Adams

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

Smile dec

I remember Mister Magoo. He was blind as a bat with those thick glasses. At the end he would always say "Aw Magoo, you did it again!"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234