Question

Hi,

I am currently in tech school and acquiring tools here and there. The 3 places I generally look are the suuply house, onine warehouses, and ebay.

Ideally, I would like to buy everything from the supply house to support the local community, but new and local is so expensive. I haven't bought anything form online warehouse yet but some have good prices and hopefully some type of warranty. Finally , ebay. I don't mind buying used stuff, knowing that you take your chances, but I hate to think that I am buying anything stolen, although I have bouth a couple of things. Hopefully, when employed I can replace lower quality used with, better quality new.

Any insight appreciated

Mike

i never had a problem with ebay. when you enter the work force try to find a company that has a tool purchase program
    I don’t always drink beer, but when I do I prefer Dos-Equis. I am the most interesting man in the world. Stay thirsty my friends.

Try overstock.com type in "Bahco"
    “Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own." Scott Adams

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

have bought quite a few new dewalt sets on ebay. cheaper than buying the batteries.

Another great way to get tools is to get to know some tech's in your area. I don't recall many tech's just having one of something, even if they don't even need it.

Most love to get new tools, so sometimes they sell thier old stuff cheap. And if you get to know the tech, you'll know what kinda care he gave his tools.

don't forget to check out local pawn shops

most people don't like to go in them but I love to... I have found a few real treasures in there time and time again.

just like anywhere else, be careful what you buy and you will be able to do a hands on at a pawn shop.