Thread: OIL SOLIDIFYING

OIL SOLIDIFYING

Hi I have a question about storing new 410A heat pumps.We have several new heat pumps that have been in storage for about 6 months an we have an outside refrigeration company coming in and and saying that the oil in the compressors in the heat pumps is solidifying from storage and causing compressor failure. The compressors are close loop water source heat pumps with cooling towers. They are Florida heat pumps around 2 ton range.
    I dont beleive this is the case just wanted to be sure.
    The new units come with factory charge .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PCS View Post
    Hi I have a question about storing new 410A heat pumps.We have several new heat pumps that have been in storage for about 6 months an we have an outside refrigeration company coming in and and saying that the oil in the compressors in the heat pumps is solidifying from storage and causing compressor failure. The compressors are close loop water source heat pumps with cooling towers. They are Florida heat pumps around 2 ton range.

Thanks
    i would get a second companies opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by PCS View Post

Thanks
    Sounds like a load of bollocks to me, might be worth finding a tech who wasn't dropped at birth, repeatedly...